Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UEFA Cup QF draw

Options
  • 16-03-2007 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Glasgow tomorrow, noon.

Sides in draw, with their capacity:

Benfica 65.5k
    PSG 46.5k
    Sevilla 45.5k
    AZ 17k
    Espanyol 56k
    Leverkusen 22k
    Osasuna 19.8k
    Bremen 43k

Want somewhere with a big stadium and poor attendance...:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

Poor attendance?
    AZ......... 17k?
    I dunno. They looked OK (and better than that!) against Newcastle. Watching them tonight, I don't fancy meeting them in the quarters.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

ruiseal wrote:
    Poor attendance?
    AZ......... 17k?

Mate, that's how much their ground holds.

Under UEFA rules all we'd be entitled to would be 5%...850 tickets...:eek:

They had 16400 at tonight's game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I think the team list in the opening post is wrong ... No PSG into the next round

The teams into the next round are;

1. Seville, Spain
    2. AZ Alkmaar, Holland
    3. Espanyol, Spain
    4. Benfica, Portugal
    5. Bayen Leverkussen, Germany
    6. Osasuna, Spain
    7. Werder Bremen, Germany

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭mullaj00

Knew it, knew it, knew it, knew it, knew it. Toughest draw possible and we get it. They scrope through last night. Anyway, f#@k it! Let's do what were getting good at and go out and battle hard. Away leg first. We do seem to play better against tougher teams. Would I be right in saying that Fredddie Kanoute plays for Sevilla?

Robxxx7 wrote:
    I think the team list in the opening post is wrong ... No PSG into the next round

Sorry, my mistake.

Copied from a post I made on another forum when the Benfica-PSG game was still all square.

Sevilla probably the toughest side left, if we can do them we've got to be seen as favourites. Bremen are another good side though, thankfully we'd avoid them until the final.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i dont care who we play. we have to get through 5 games to lift the trophy, and at this stage any team is capable of excellent football.

i think our style of play will intimidate and harrass the european passing teams, and our strength and pace will undo them, just as it has in every other game.

if we can just stop leaking silly goals!

im goin to put my neck out and say we are going to win this cup thing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

Its going to be a cracking match! Im delighted with the draw, lets beat the holders and send out a message to the rest of the teams in the competition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

They will be more sick about getting us then we should be about getting them.

We'll do em.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I agree, i think they will be just as worried about us as we are about them ... This game could go either way, but if we can come away from Sevilla with at least a draw then i will be happy

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

screw that, i think we will come away with a 2-1 win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I think we can win, Sevilla are in a massive fight for La Liga (joint on points with Barca but 2nd on goal difference) so UEFA Cup won't be the number 1 priority. I think Werder would have arguably been tougher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Is the game at WHL?

Is the game at WHL?

The home leg is, yeah.

Currently:

Away 5th April
    Home 12th April

Seville trying to get the home leg changed cos it clashes with some festival they hold, gonna lose at least €200 if thats the case. Bast*rds.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

That's why they want a change - Easter cermonies, big event apparently.
    I'd prefer to play them over two legs. Should have King back as well for both games - if you believe Jol.

Advertisement