Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestling Society X

• 16-03-2007 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭

Saw an ad for this last night and it doesn't look that bad. Sort of reminds me of the old ECW.

Anyone else any views on this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

We had a thread on this a while back: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055041415&page=1. I watched the first episode online and i'm gonna check it out on MTV when it starts over here. It starts some time in April, I think!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

WSX is dead now, isn't it? It was a ratings flop but since MTV never promoted it and ended up being quite hostile to it, its demise was hardly surprising.

I must say I never got into it and gave up on it after the first episode. There was just too much action to absorb for my liking.

It's like going to a theatre to watch a play and getting nothing but action scenes. What would be the point? It would be better seeing a play where there is a story unfolding and where the action scenes make sense and add to the process.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Where did you hear that it's starting in April over here? Are there ads on MTV UK? MTV showed the first 3 or 4 episodes in America, then it was apparently cancelled. Then it was back on, but they showed all the remaining episodes except the season finale this week. The very last episode of the series is on next Tuesday in America, and then that's it for WSX and MTV as far as I know

I was not a fan of the first show. The second one had a bit more direction, I liked that. Third one was ok again, but I haven't seen any more since. A little too lacking in the psychology aspect for me, but I loved the fact that there was a wrestling show with tv time that focused everything around the actual wrestling. The musical guests didn't add to the show at all though

EDIT: Ah yeah, I just read that MTV UK have picked it up. It could get an audience if they promote it, it's a big alternative to WWE and I'd imagine that a typical MTV/non-wrestling fan audience would enjoy it to a degree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Starts this Sunday, April 1st at 11pm on MTV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

i have tried to watch it but have never gotten into it.......il give it another go if i see it on MTV in the near future because as of right now i have to dl each show

• Advertisement
Advertisement