Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you get Star-struck??

• 16-03-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭

Well, do ye?

Go frickin mental and scream like you're bein raped if you see a celeb you like?

I dont, not at all. Theres a bit of excitement, and a perk of novelty, but i generally just introduce myself like any other person

That said I've never met anyone im insane about, like say Scarlet Johanssen, SMG, or Milla Jovovich, but Jem and Gav DeGraw were pretty big in my eyes and they were boxes of LEJ

fin

Do you get star struck and go mental around celebs???? 28 votes

Hell yea! The thought is makin me twitch already!
    0% 0 votes
    No, theres no need to!
    17% 5 votes
    Atari ...... lynx!!!!!?
    82% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

The whole culture of celeb now you think about it is ridiculous .Tme was when a newsreader was just sombody who read the news , nowadys they are called celebs .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Yes. Yes I do. :o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

If it was someone like Johnny Depp, I'd probably just pass out. But I probably wouldn't pay too much attention to most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

no, not in the slightest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Would be impressed by a celebrity who impresses me (such as Patrick Moore of Sky at Night fame) but otherwise do not care.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

I met David Walliams backstage at a gig in the village last November and I have to say i was rather intimidated. It might be more so that he is HUGE. But he was certainly giving off an air of unapproachability.... if thats even a word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ArtSchool

I would probably just say OMGOMGOMG under my breathe and keep it cool!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

When I was younger yes but that's a teenage girl's job. Not now...if it's someone I really like I'll try to act cool but be bricking it on the inside. That would only be for a handful of people though.

Brendan Gleeson came into the cinema where I work a few months back. Can't say I was particularly starstruck, but I did think it was kinda cool.

Only people I would be completely starstruck seeing would be possibly Terry Pratchett (I've grown up reading his books) and Neil Gaiman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Well I nearly stopped breathing when I saw Michael Greco - MICHAEL GRECO! Nobody even knows who he is! He thought I was some crazy woman (well I did run after him for asn autograph)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Well I nearly stopped breathing when I saw Michael Greco - MICHAEL GRECO! Nobody even knows who he is! He thought I was some crazy woman (well I did run after him for asn autograph)
    In fairness a lot of women of a certain age would know who "Beppe" is. Most teenagers today wouldn't but a lot in their mid-20's would :)

Thankfully, I've never been star-struck at all. Their are certain people that I would find it an honour to speak with because I respect their craft and work...mostly authors and a few actors but that would be about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

i havent seen anyone even remotely famous in at least 3 years, bar performers at concerts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I nearly passed out when I met Trevor Sargent [Green Party leader] and he's hardly a celebrity whereas when I met Irish rugby team or Shayne Ward and Sugababes I had no trouble talking to them while my friends were in a mess! It all depends on how much respect I have for the person I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

r3nu4l wrote:
    In fairness a lot of women of a certain age would know who "Beppe" is. Most teenagers today wouldn't but a lot in their mid-20's would :)

Thankfully, I've never been star-struck at all. Their are certain people that I would find it an honour to speak with because I respect their craft and work...mostly authors and a few actors but that would be about it.

Yeah well it's a bit sad that me (a teenager) knows who he is. Shows how long I've been watching Eastenders for!

To think that I get starstruck over a soap actor...if I actually met someone I really admire and respect and have adored for years, I think I would die.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭kensutz

Never star struck. If I see them walking down the street I just take a quick glance and say "oh that's ,,,," and walk on by. Talking to celebrities doesn't bother me either. It's good that some do take the time out to talk to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Chillwithcian

Only if its someone who I absolutly love.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

I got very excited the first time I saw Louis Walsh around Dublin - but not star struck. Kinda lost its excitement when I saw him for the fourth time though! I always try and play it cool and pretend I'm not staring - would only go up to then if I was very drunk. I remember seeing Pauline Quirke when I was younger and asking for her autograph. That was a pretty good moment then but makes me cringe now!

Advertisement