Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT Ireland Bill

Options
  • 16-03-2007 12:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I switched to BT Ireland in Novmber and since then have only recieved one bill - in November.

My bill, due to come in January never did (didnt debit from my credit card either as it should have automatically done).

Now I have rang BT and that told me a while agao to wait a few days and they'd have it sorted and I'd receive my January bill. I still do not have the bill an am tempted to ring again or will I leave it be in case they forget and thus I'd not have to pay...

Does anyone have previous experience or advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

You're really better off continuing to call them until you sort it out. If you leave it you'll be stuck one day with a massive invoice and a demand for it to be paid immediately.

This has happened to a few people on this site in the past. Trust me, keep hassling them until you get it sorted.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Elated

Yeah, I sighed up with them in Sept 06, received an invoice for €0 in December, they then took €165 in Jan and sent me an invoice for €124 in Feb, which they still haven't debited from my account.

I've asked several times for an invoice for the first amount, but still no sign.

Grr:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭Fabio

Nice one lads. I will be in touch with them soon and will demand that the issue be sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

You should know that BT billing is legendary in these parts. They appear to actually go out of their way to mess up billing. There are countless threads on Boards.ie devoted to BT's incompetence. I myself have been a victim, despite being with them for about 6 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

oh yeah.. I'm still waiting for my first bill. However I have cancelled direct debits so they can't take any money. I've been assured five times that an invoice is either in the post or being faxed to me. Yah, right.
    I'm going to be writing to them next week to tell them that they're not getting paid *anything* until I receive that first invoice. See how they like that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Fabio wrote:
    Hi all,

My bill, due to come in January never did (didnt debit from my credit card either as it should have automatically done).

The monkeys in BT's billing department can't seem to get that particular feature to work...I tried to set up a DD to my card way back in 2003 and they could never get it working. I was getting bills, but they were telling me I'd paid so I never thought to look at CC statements.
    However I didn't find out about this for nearly five months after which time I got a nasty demand for upwards of €550, was told can outside debt collection comapny would be in contact..after much time on hold to them, arguing my case, they agreed to let me pay it off in smaller chunks.

I tried again to get the DD to CC working.
    Visa said there was no problem at their end or with my card, said the DD requests were coming through and then getting bounced because of a fault in BT's system. It's laughable that 4 yrs on they still can't get this relatively simple system to work.

In retrospect, after having read the horror stories about double and treble billing by DD to people's accounts by BT on these forums, I'm kind of glad they couldn't get it to work and am delighted I decided not to use my back account.
    Far better to just pay manually by CC every 2 months and have control over how much the bastards get...

Advertisement