Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Current test waiting time

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yup, random as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

feylya wrote:
    Yup, random as far as I know.
    Thanks.
    tuxy wrote:
    it wouldn't look good if I just turned up on my own with no qualified driver beside me.
    The driving instructor or the test examiner won't be concerned whether you are accompanied or not, but strictly speaking, you are obliged to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Tell me its not true tallaght 59 weeks!?!. Fonthill doesn't seem to be an option yet. :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,566 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

To put Irish waiting times into perspective -

In Italy the provisional license "foglio rosa" is only valid for 6 months.

And you have three attempts to pass both the theory and practical (not three attempts on each )

http://www.patente.it/info/patenteB.htm
    IL FOGLIO ROSA PUO' ESSERE RICHIESTO SOLO AL COMPIMENTO DEI 18 ANNI DI ETA'
    Il foglio rosa ha validità per sei mesi dopo i quali scade e viene revocato. Inoltre lo stesso foglio rosa dà tre possibilità per superare gli esami (teoria+pratica):

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

tuxy wrote:
    Hey I live in Nenagh and am tempted to try doing a test in Tuam, according to that site the waiting time is low and it has a high pass rate.
    I think its about a 2 hr drive and I don't mind driving there a few times to get some lessons from a local driving school beforehand.
    Is there any reason why this might be a bad idea?

I did my first test in Nenagh and I've passed two tests (A & B in two different cities) so I feel I can advise you here.
    First of all, Nenagh is a very tricky town to drive around and has one of the highest failure rates in the country. This is no excuse: if you fail it is nobody's fault but your own.

Do what everyone else in Nenagh does: apply to Birr also. It's only up the road and has plenty one of one-way streets which make life easy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭susanna

The 'info' on that website is terrible. According to that, Raheny has a 40 week waiting time. I called the lo-call number expecting that number to have gone down a bit, but no, 51 weeks! Its an absolute joke

Advertisement