Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone remember Land Of the Giants

• 16-03-2007 12:59am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The Sci-fi Section doesnt have a general subforum so i posted here should suffice.

I went downstairs and just looked around at the television and saw a guy that looked like one of the main characters from the show. i dont know how it triggered that memory but I instantly pictured the guy in his little red suit with the little red spaceship

As a reminder i searched tv.com
    This two-season series details the adventures of the three crew and four passengers of the sub-orbital spacecraft Spindrift. They are drawn through a space warp that crashes them onto a planet where everything is 12 times normal size. The castaways struggle to repair their damaged craft and somehow get back to Earth while being hunted by the totalitarian government that rule the planet....

Then chanced youtube; Here's the Intro:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=z9_9weSfasI&mode=related&search=

If you look in the related section you'll find clips from the show

ah Nostolgia. Reminds me of how i felt when i realised that macgyver was being repeated on bravo a few years ago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Cluster

Watched every Sunday as a kid. BRILLIANT.

On a tangent to that I'm downloading, Baron Munchausen now. Saw the video in a charity shop a few years ago and walked passed it. I was raging I did. Saw it on a torrent site yesterady. Watch that puppy later on methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Brilliant show, remember it well. I have the DVDs. How they managed to spend so much per episode, I don't know! :)
    With a 250,000 US$ budget per episode, Land of the Giants set a new record. The actors had to be in top shape, as they had to do many stunts themselves, such as climbing giant curbs, phone cords, ropes and such. The series ran from September 1968 to September 1970 on ABC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I remember it been on every sunday in my grannies after dinner, I thought it was awful :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

The theme tune I hate yee all its stuck in my head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bloody Irwin Allen junk. Seriously I could'nt stand his stuff even as I watched it most times it was on!

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It was one of my favourites, I absolutely loved it. The big giant fake hands, cats paws, all class. What was the chubby characters name, the one that spoke funny.

Advertisement