Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus Cl And Focus Lx

Options
  • 16-03-2007 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi again every one. can any one tell me what the differences between the focus CL and focus LX would be.

Thanks

james

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

The CL is the complete bottom of the range model. Very few sold here. Does it have wind up windows like the focus "freedom"?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

maidhc wrote:
    The CL is the complete bottom of the range model. Very few sold here. Does it have wind up windows like the focus "freedom"?

I actually remember having to insure mine as a CL as the insurance company didn't have an LX on the system? Mine did have elec front windows but as far as I knew it was bottom of the range?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

daveym wrote:
    I actually remember having to insure mine as a CL as the insurance company didn't have an LX on the system? Mine did have elec front windows but as far as I knew it was bottom of the range?

There is a model with wind up windows. 90% of Foci are LX spec though, which wasn't bad at all.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

maidhc wrote:
    There is a model with wind up windows. 90% of Foci are LX spec though, which wasn't bad at all.

possibly the differences were so minor insurance wise that it made no difference so they only had the one on the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

daveym wrote:
    possibly the differences were so minor insurance wise that it made no difference so they only had the one on the system?

Some insurance companies don't have a clue when it comes to model trim and specs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

bazz26 wrote:
    Some insurance companies don't have a clue when it comes to model trim and specs.

true. My Mondeo Zetec is insured as a Ghia, cos they don't have the Zetec on the system!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CL didn't have ABS, CD player or remote central locking either IIRC

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

bazz26 wrote:

When I bought my Safrane last year Hibernian only had a TD down in their model list for 2.5's. The one on the phone didnt sound overly concered and put it down as the TD (mines petrol) and just chneged th edescription to "2.5 petrol. I was always a bit iffy about what would happen if I had to make a claim.

QD seem about the best. When you put in a make/model, they pretty much have every variant on the list.

Advertisement