Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

where and what were u doing for the 1999 man u champs lge final?.

• 16-03-2007 2:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭

just wondering lads where you were for the champions league final of 1999,had you given up hope?.
    i was sitting at home with my 3 months old son at the time and girlfriend and mother,then it was 90+mins and we got the equaliser i said not to bad extra time at least for a game we done feck all in to deserve,GODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD minute later i let off such a roar when ole stuck the winner in the net,i frightened the ****e out of my 3 months old son and was told to go outside.:)

it will always be in my mind such a historic and prestige moment.
    truly 150% manc till i die love the clubbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

what was i doing? sitting at home watching the Champions League final

• Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

i was watching it in the pub after work, was having a great old laugh for a while as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 623 ✭✭✭hawker27

that all all i take it your a basket ball fan so or a scouserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Mossy Monk wrote:

your a scouser m8,three words for ya JOHN O SHEA

daveym wrote:
    i was watching it in the pub after work, was having a great old laugh for a while as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I was supporting Bayern in a boozer full of united fans. It was going quite well too 'til the last couple of minutes:(

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,593 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

hawker27 wrote:

i think it's a bit too much to seperate the o from o'shea and call it a word but I take your point!
    beaten by the third choice keeper, what a jip.

ah well, will beat ye in the final this year. it's written.

in your dreams m8,old fergie knows best pure legendddddddddddddd:) :):):) .

OTE=daveym]i think it's a bit too much to seperate the o from o'shea and call it a word but I take your point!
    beaten by the third choice keeper, what a jip.

ah well, will beat ye in the final this year. it's written.[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm gonna have to go with sitting at home watching the champions league final too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Worst night of my life. Sat at home almost in tears when they won it. Disgusted.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Cringeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Whats with all of the extra letters hawker?

Anyway, yes like pretty much everyone else I was at home watching it. I have to say though it was particularly sweet as I was watching it with my brother who is a scouser and had a grin on his face for most of the match. heh, how that changed :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

At that moment I realised God was a united fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

I was out celebrating my graduation from School.......waas well pissed........:D :D

Everybody was all dressed up and there was me in a Utd jersey and a pair of jeans................will never forget that night:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Was sitting somewhere on the lower tier of the Camp Nou amongst all the United fans. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Mossy Monk wrote:

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

hawker27 wrote:
    that all all i take it your a basket ball fan so or a scouserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

i am neither but thanks for you assumption :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Hawker27,Mossy is a Arsenal Fan for his troubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Kojak wrote:
    Same here

As was I .

nuff said m8.

Aquos76 wrote:
    Hawker27,Mossy is a Arsenal Fan for his troubles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I was at home having a good laugh at Utds inability to score against a fairly mediocre Bayern Munich side when they bloody won it!

The person I felt sorry for that night was'nt Oliver Kahn it was Roy Keane who had got them past Juventus nearly single handed.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I broke my toe celebrating Solskjaer's goal :o

If ever there was a time I didn't mind breaking a bone! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

People forget that in that match our midfield was Neville-Butt, not Keano and Scholes, who were both out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

People forget that in that match our midfield was Neville-Butt, not Keano and Scholes, who were both out.

United's midfield was without Keane and Scholes, however it wasn't a Neville-Butt midfield...
    It was in fact a Beckham-Butt midfield, with Giggs on the right and Blomqvist on the left..

Anyways, i too watched it at home, with my dad [a chelsea fan] and my brother [a pool fan].. I went mental at the final whistle..

Mossin wrote:
    United's midfield was without Keane and Scholes, however it wasn't a Neville-Butt midfield...
    It was in fact a Beckham-Butt midfield, with Giggs on the right and Blomqvist on the left..

Anyways, i too watched it at home, with my dad [a chelsea fan] and my brother [a pool fan].. I went mental at the final whistle..

Right you are, I don't know why I wrote Neville there :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

I don't think anyone forgets keane and scholes were absent that day. Had they been there the match would have been different.

It wasn't just the last minute goals though, it was the full swoop, the treble that made it so sweet. The perfect season. (league cup was worthless pre '01 when liverpool were the first big club who got desperate and decided to take it seriously). Since then, it's gained value as Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal didn't want Liverpool to retain it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

in staff accommodation in connemara watching the game because i couldn`t even scrape together the price of a pint

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

PHB wrote:
    I'd say most people would know that Keane and Scholes missed out on the final, even the Utd fans.

The point I was making is, yes we were **** for most of the 90 minutes, but that's cause we were missing Keane and Scholes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

I broke my toe celebrating Solskjaer's goal :o

If ever there was a time I didn't mind breaking a bone! :)

A united fan I worked with at the time got so excited when Sheringham scored that he ran into a wall in the pub and missed the second goal:D He then disappeared out of work for nearly a week while he went on the píss celebrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Shred wrote:
    I was supporting Bayern in a boozer full of united fans. It was going quite well too 'til the last couple of minutes:(
    I can do one better than that
    I was sitting in the Carpenter Bar in Castleknock and it was full of Man U fans but I had a Bayern shirt on....was getting some serious stick for the 89mins and even worse when injury time came in

I wouldn't mind getting a slagging but the majority of it was very abusive

I'm not going to say its typical of Man U fans but a lot of it was threatening

all forgotten about 6yrs on when I was in a bar in Liverpool on May 25th :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭andrew1977

bucks73 wrote:
    Was sitting somewhere on the lower tier of the Camp Nou amongst all the United fans. :D

brilliant mate that you got to witness that night, i have followed united home and away for years and would swap it all to have been at that final.
    Was at the FA cup final of the treble year ,not a patch on what went on in the Nou Camp that night
    I was stunned for days... thought it could never be topped what we done...until those f*ckin scousers a couple of years ago...them winning it was as bad as us losing a euro cup final ( gutted even typing that last sentence:)

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

In the front room of my house... Smashing things. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Mossin wrote:

I can't even remember but I'll take it I was home watching it.

For shame you weren't around in '05 ;)

Maybe this year :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I was at home watching it with friends

everyone who I was watching with was certain at the 90th minute United would lose but I remember being so unusually relaxed (normally I freak with nerves watching matches like this!) and I knew they would win it and when the United equalised I knew in my heart we would win it before the final whistle..... and the rest is history

god, I went ****ing mental that night.... best night ever! :) No question the most dramatic football match ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

hawker27 wrote:

Oh you're really going to be loved here.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Since then, it's gained value as Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal didn't want Liverpool to retain it.

WTF are you on about. Its still treated like ****e!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Mossy Monk wrote:

what he said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

O isnt a word.

Should be an award for most useless threads.

kdjac

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement