Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[US Visa issues] Nebraska Service Center

Options
  • 16-03-2007 4:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else going through any kind of visa issues that is being processed at the Nebraska Service Center? My green card renewal is being processed there and it is terribly slow. They are currently processing applications from August last year. I know others that have been waiting over 6 months and still nothing, yet California and Vermont are all much faster.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

ruu there is definatly something going on in nebraska,when the gf and myself applied to there (we fell under their area it seems) when we got the confirmation letter they had moved our application to the california center,fingers crossed it will be faster than nebraska,i have read some horror stories about that place :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Kattyboy25

hmmmmm I went through the Texas centre, it took like afew weeks. I guess it depends on what the application is, eb1, eb2, eb3!

it was a I129F visa ;)

edit: just checked california are up to september now yay

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You can check the processing times and track your application online at the USCIS website incase you didn't know. The processing times have been updated and Nebraska is still in August and my case still says 'Case received and pending', blegh. :) I'll be waiting for a while I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Kattyboy25

is there anyway to throw money at it and get it premium processed? I know you can do that with I-140 applications. If not be patient and make babies :-P

• Advertisement

*mails off crusty, old, crumpled $1 bill to Nebraska with note "Plenty more where that came from"* :)

The dates were updated recently, Nebraska is now processing cases with the receipt date of September 6th. Months behind most of the others. :rolleyes: Mine was sent in something in January so I will be waiting sometime. They really should just send off a bunch of the applications to some other service centers that aren't that busy.

dont worry man california aint fairing much better,there only processing october 16th now.
    long wait till they get to feb 1st.which is the date the reckon they got my application :(

best of luck with it and hope it all goes through for you without problems :)

Heh, just got information that my case was moved to the California Service center along with a bunch of others so hope to be approved shortly. Nice one, took them a little over a year to figure out that they are in serious trouble and Nebraska is going down the pan. :) I have to go to Chicago tomorrow to get my stamp on the passport as my year extension is about to run out.

Got approved finally, looks like the move from Nebraska did some good. :) No more messing with immigration now for 10 years (unless I decide to go for citizenship). Huge weight off my shoulders.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Yay Ruu!! That's great news :).

glad to hear you got sorted ruu,congrats.

hope mine speeds up a bit,have my i-485 interview next month in detroit.not looking forward to it.

Advertisement