Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Japanese Automotive Terms

Options
  • 16-03-2007 10:18am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm bringing in a car from Japan, and was wondering is there anywhere online where I can find japanese automotive terms and their english translations. Or even just the japanese terms so I can try a language translation page (don't need 100 accuracy - just a guide!)

Here's an example of what I'm looking at. The parts in red are what I'd be most interested in, the other parts are fine.

I'm guessing that these terms will repeat so I'm hoping to build up my own little cheat sheet.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Never mind the first one, but if anyone can give me a rough guide as to what the parts in the red boxes mean in this one I'd appreciate it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

hey there,
    I couldn't make out a lot of it because the writing is really scribbly. If you had a better quality picture, I could probably get the rest.
    A picked out a few words,

車内一部シル part of an internal seal
    外ハンドル outside handle
    検査員報告 inspectors report
    欠品 out of stock
    補修 repair, maintenance
    ムフラ muffler
    キズ keys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

If you can stick up some higher-res scans, I'll have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

White Integra Type R? Daycint kid!

Advertisement