Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I've only just started....

• 16-03-2007 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

But I'm already beginning to hate Xbox Live. First game I loaded up for multiplayer was Rainbow Six Vegas. Joined 5 different games and each time got kicked out because some puffed up American didn't want a "Noob" playing (probably didn't know that this "noob" would have massacred himself and his buddies 6 times over). So now I refuse to even try and play that online. Next game was Far Cry: Evoloutions and I have to say that the matches I've been in have been some of the best gaming I've experienced in a very long time. Really enjoyed it, apart from the fact that 4 or 5 games were interrupted by "Innerpimps 90", some helium voiced kid from the US who kept screaming Black Eyed Peas songs through the voice channels.

Have Call of Duty 3 lined up to go this weekend, so can't comment on that yet. Quick question though..where are all the Irish players on Xbox Live and whats the most popular game to find them on?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

There are a load of Irish players out there. I defo feel your pain on the screeching kid point. If you add my gt Steedevaney I'll defo play you online with the only kicking being of you and my ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I've taken to not using the headset when playing on Live ... Too many whiny kids ('Aww, don't shoot me' -or- 'I'm gonna get you good next time' - or worse, the ones that think they really are in the military and only use jargon like 'ready up soldier' / 'there's one on your six') types ...

Once you can get in to a game it is well worth it.
    I think it's normally just the luck of the draw who you're playing against.

Overall, though, I think Live gaming is one of the best things about the whole 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I've taken to not using the headset when playing on Live

Same here. The mute button on Halo 3 should be a universal feature of live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

quad_red wrote:
    Same here. The mute button on Halo 3 should be a universal feature of live.

You don't need to wait until Halo 3, you can select to permanently mute individual players through the XBox Live Players List. The player will stay muted no matter what. You will be able to hear the chat of the other players excluding the ones you have chosen to mute.

Full instructions here!

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/02/13/The-Halo-3-feature-you-already-have.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I've taken to not using the headset when playing on Live ... Too many whiny kids ('Aww, don't shoot me' -or- 'I'm gonna get you good next time' - or worse, the ones that think they really are in the military and only use jargon like 'ready up soldier' / 'there's one on your six') types ...

Once you can get in to a game it is well worth it.
    I think it's normally just the luck of the draw who you're playing against.

Overall, though, I think Live gaming is one of the best things about the whole 360.

I have to say, I played a match last night with some of those miltary types and I really enjoyed it. For some reason it adds something to the experience. It was myself and another guy playing the role of snipers, and a third guy giving us targets on the building we were aiming at (Washington D.C map). Nothing too serious and we had a laugh but at the same time were really focused on the game and getting our kills.

Steve, I'll add you tonight when I get home. Do you play Far Cry or COD3?

• Advertisement

P.S : Can anybody tell me, when you create a custom match in a game and you are in the lobby on your own, how do you get other players to join? I got a small message at the bottom of the screen last night saying that someone wanted to join the game, but I couldn't see any options to let him in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Options are diffterent each game, usualy you create a match then hit the dash and send invites to your friends whilst waiting for randomers to join (if you want them to!)

DarkJager wrote:
    P.S : Can anybody tell me, when you create a custom match in a game and you are in the lobby on your own, how do you get other players to join? I got a small message at the bottom of the screen last night saying that someone wanted to join the game, but I couldn't see any options to let him in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

You don't need to wait until Halo 3, you can select to permanently mute individual players through the XBox Live Players List. The player will stay muted no matter what. You will be able to hear the chat of the other players excluding the ones you have chosen to mute.

Full instructions here!

http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/02/13/The-Halo-3-feature-you-already-have.aspx

oh thank god! Been looking for something like this. At first it was just yanks i wanted to mute but now its pretty much anyone that i dont know...which is pretty much everyone on live :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Full instructions here!

I knight thee Sir Technofreak of Boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I don't use the headset so I don't have to listen to anyone. If I was playing people I knew I'd use it but it has all been randomers so far so I'd rather not listen to them.

Most annoying thing I've seen so far was in PGR3. Wanted to try it online but everyone drives Enzos and if you go through the classes it's basically just the fastest car from each one. So, you get a six car race with everyone driving the same car. I've yet to enter a race, I just quit to the dashboard when I saw that.

• Advertisement

Some of the guys who chat on it really annoy me. I got caught with one gimp on far cry when I first started... He played the usual "macho man because you can't see me" act, telling me how he was going to up his kill count by following me around and that I should just quit cause I'm only a rookie. 20 consecutive headshot deaths later, he wasn't laughing anymore....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Scruff wrote:
    oh thank god! Been looking for something like this. At first it was just yanks i wanted to mute but now its pretty much anyone that i dont know...which is pretty much everyone on live :rolleyes:

I cant listen to the yanks at all anymore and the worst part is they never seem to sleep, they're online 24 hours a day.

Lately I've gotten so sick of their use of the words "r@pe" and "f@ggot"*, I've started submitting complaints and using the "avoid this player" function.

*The male yanks are so stupid they fail to even understand that saying "I'm gonna r@pe these noob f@ggots" is a reflection on their own sexuality!!
    :o

Do they consider you a Noob because you've only started playing online, even though you may have countless hours of offline or system link multiplayer experience under your belt? Its fine if they do, gives me more people to make an absolute fool out of in the game...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

You are better off playing player matches usually than ranked matches. Tend to be less kids and more chilled.
    Best thing probably is to try join one of the X360 Irish clans or at least get friendly with them so you can play with others who don't act like 5 yr old spoilt brats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,248 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

DarkJager wrote:
    Do they consider you a Noob because you've only started playing online, even though you may have countless hours of offline or system link multiplayer experience under your belt?

DArkjager my friend this is far too complicated a concept for our large, dim and largely racist from my experiences of live, chums across the pond to grasp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,503 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Sometimes it can be a great laugh playing with the Americans. I was on a team with 3 americans on Wednesday and the other team was full of English people.
    The 2 teams spent the whole match ripping the p*ss out of eac other. While I laughed my ass off.

mcgovern wrote:
    You are better off playing player matches usually than ranked matches. Tend to be less kids and more chilled.
    Best thing probably is to try join one of the X360 Irish clans or at least get friendly with them so you can play with others who don't act like 5 yr old spoilt brats.

Can you point me in the direction of one? I'm also thinking of getting Battlefield: Modern Combat this weekend ( I really love deathmatches with vehicles). Anybody know what the online matches are like on that? Any clans active?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Dude dont give up on rb6 it IS the best multiplayer fps in the world at the moment .Just dont play ranked matches for awhlile and you shouldnt have trouble being kicked or do online terorist hunt to get your rank up to like corporal after that you wont ever be kicked .Cod3 is excelent but after playing rb6 its hard to go back . I find that when i play Gears of War online its nothing but irish people so id say youl find irish people with Gears .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭steedevaney

There are a number of sites that have Irish gamers on them

Celtic Snipers
    The wild rovers
    Theres an irish/uk section on xbox.com
    xbox360-ireland

and of course there is a list of gamertags in the sticky on boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

There are loads of irish playing gears of war

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

I don't know about anyone else, but it was always the Americans I found spoiled any game.
    That's not to say that they are all the same, but most of the time I found that the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭o Diablo o

Ok i can only comment from my experience playing halo 2 online but i assume its still valid. If you want to improve your gaming experience then try to play custom games as opposed to random matchmaking. Build up a friends list of Irish and U.K players that you get on with and just play with them.

Try this link http://www.thewildrovers.net
    I know a lot of guys from the wild rovers and their all sound and play most of the games that have been mentioned here. Celtic snipers are cool too and are all adults.

From the sounds of it Jager you take rb6v seriously so you might check out www.mlgpro.com. its basically the centre of all competitive console gaming in the world.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

I have my headset unplugged permanently too. Every so often some voices come through my speakers though (or maybe they're in my head).

My biggest problem with live is the rankings. No matter who I play against I get wiped out. My two main live games are Gears Of War & Command & Conquer 3. I've completed both games but I might as well be walking around backways with my hands over my eyes for all the good it does in me in Gears. And in C&C3, I'm normally about 5 mins into the game when wave upon wave of huge vehicles, airstrikes etc. come into my bases. It's still good fun but a bit frustrating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I'd agree ... there are a lot of people out there who don't seem to do anything else other than sit and play the games, so when I pop in for a quick game I'll generally get whollopped. Can be very demoralising.

It's well worth sticking with it ... You do get the satisfaction of beating them now and again (particularly in Pro Evo Soccer where the other guy has always picked either Barca, Inter or Brazil ... borrrring).

Advertisement