Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Deja-vu; Another 'Nationalist election 'poll'

• 16-03-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭

Amazing how they 'predict' MJ Nolan, the worst TD we have ever had will be re-elected. Nothing to do with the fact he's best friends with the editor or anything...Mary White could be a dark horse indeed though.
    http://www.carlow-nationalist.ie/news/story.asp?j=31284&cat=news

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Agree re Mary White.
    She is definitely getting her voice heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Mary White gets her voice heard alright but how could anyone vote for the green's they have us all on bikes!! saving the world.

Mary White I would guess does alot for her local community and a hard worker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I like Mary White; she won't be getting my vote no.1 or anything but I won't forget her either a bit down the list!

She is a v hard local worker and have no doubt she has the best interests of CW/KK in mind (at least from a Green point of view!). She's abit out on a limb down in Borris. She would be much better off had she been based in KK or Carlow town. These are where the big population bases are and where this constituency will be decided.

However, I can see her getting a lot of the new commuter vote in Carlow and east KK, younger people with no particular party loyalties, many of whom voted FF and are dissulusioned with the failure of Noaln and McGuinness as TDs..

Personally I find a third FF seat unlikely in this election. There are loads of voters like me who voted for them last time as there was no real alternative.
    Also the FF promise of a Ministry was never delivered upon when 3 seats were delivered, I find that their worst con of all.
    Also their calibre of candidate is extremely poor. The likes of Mary White are streets ahead of B Aylward as regards ability, intellect and articulateness.
    I was actually shocked to hear him on KCLR with Sue Nunn there one morning, he sounds like a character straight out of D'Unbelievables!! I do not believe he could garner over 20% of 1st pref votes with so little to offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

Agree with you on the Bobby Alwayrd analysis mfitzy.

I have to say I am surprised that the Greens are not running Malcolm Noonan in Kilkenny as well as Mary White. Malcolm would not win a seat, but his transfers from KK might well push Mary White over the line. In this instance, can't see Mary White making it unless she really presses the flesh and highlights KK issues in the two months.

John Mc Guinness, Phil Hogan and by default, Bobby Alyward are sure bets. I can't see Labour making a gain this time round and will possibly lose the Pattison seat. John Paul Phelan is my tip for a FG gain in our constituency. He has been very visible for the last few years and I expect him to canvas hard to gain a seat.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I want somebody in office that will enforce the laws. I'm sick of people of driving the wrong way on one way streets, turning right in the left turn lane and just generally acting like they never took a driving lesson in their life. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

mick_irl wrote:
    Agree with you on the Bobby Alwayrd analysis mfitzy.

I have to say I am surprised that the Greens are not running Malcolm Noonan in Kilkenny as well as Mary White. Malcolm would not win a seat, but his transfers from KK might well push Mary White over the line. In this instance, can't see Mary White making it unless she really presses the flesh and highlights KK issues in the two months.

John Mc Guinness, Phil Hogan and by default, Bobby Alyward are sure bets. I can't see Labour making a gain this time round and will possibly lose the Pattison seat. John Paul Phelan is my tip for a FG gain in our constituency. He has been very visible for the last few years and I expect him to canvas hard to gain a seat.

Yes, the last thing KK needs is another gombeen backbencher with zero hope of a ministry, now or ever..
    JP Phelan is quite likely. Young, bright, educated- I could really see him delivering for KK if his party got into power.Hogan is not very likeable to a lot of people I know, can be arrogant, but the chance of a minisrty for KK/Carlow is a big attraction.

True regarding Greens; if Mary White was based in either KK city or Carlow town I reckon she would have been in a much stronger position...Pity Labour have to run such unknowns this time. I wouldn't count against the Greens getting a seat here though...

Advertisement