Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contents Insurance in private rented accommodation

Options
  • 16-03-2007 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭

I’m renting a 1 bedroom flat.
    I’ve just noticed that I’ve accumulated some expensive possessions (laptop, Xbox 360, and more).

Before I go trawling the net for contents insurance, has anyone any recommendations?
    Also, I’ve a motorbike parked in the front garden on the property. Could something like this be covered in insurance?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

micmclo wrote:
    I’m renting a 1 bedroom flat.
    I’ve just noticed that I’ve accumulated some expensive possessions (laptop, Xbox 360, and more).

Before I go trawling the net for contents insurance, has anyone any recommendations?
    Also, I’ve a motorbike parked in the front garden on the property. Could something like this be covered in insurance?

Thanks

I know someone who got contents insurance off Quinn Direct covering 25k worth of stuff for €90, they have car insurance with Quinn Direct and got a discount. AIB are priced at around €155 and you can have contents that are in the apartment (like a motorbike). I'm planning on getting contents insurance soon so I'll be shopping around for the best deal. I don't think I'll get better than €90 with Quinn, I have motor insurance with them so I'll probably go with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭sugark

I went with AXA when I was renting, it was about €125 a year and I paid it off monthly by direct debit. All done over the phone in no time.

Never had to use it but good for peace of mind. A good idea is when you get your insurance take photos (and, if possible, keep receipts) of all your stuff in case you ever need to claim.

Advertisement