Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Connecting to Xbox live problem

• 16-03-2007 11:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

hi there

I wonder could anyone shed some light on a problem. I am trying to connect to xbox live, gone through the ISP connections and wifi enabled, but when i go to connect it says i need a new update, but when it starts to download it says it cant complete and advises to go to the support section on website, but i cant find out what to do....

my question is can i go to the web address on the xbox or do i have to go via my computer.
    I am a real novice when it comes to this stuff and have no idea what to do.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Had the same problem just 2 nights ago. What you need to do is go in to your router homepage through a PC, go to the firewall option and set it to Low. This allows the update to complete and gets you on to the Xbox Live service. There's a thread further down with a very good link in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

darkjager, many thanks for the reply but one quick question, how do i do that, like i said i am a novice at this

Log into your computer. Go to Start --> Run --> then type: cmd . This will bring up a command prompt. Type the following : ipconfig

It should bring up a Default Gateway address. Just enter this into the address bar in your internet explorer and it will bring up your router homepage. Look for the firewall option and set it to low.

DarkJager wrote:
    Log into your computer. Go to Start --> Run --> then type: cmd . This will bring up a command prompt. Type the following : ipconfig

It should bring up a Default Gateway address. Just enter this into the address bar in your internet explorer and it will bring up your router homepage. Look for the firewall option and set it to low.

Darkjager, you are a genius, a warrior amongst mortals and a god in my eyes.

Thank you for the help

Did you get it to work??? Post your gamertag here Nanook and I'll add you when I get home this evening..

• Advertisement

yoiu should not have said that,

How do i do that :)

If you got it to work you should have "retrieved your gamertag" from Xbox Live. Its just the name you sign in to when you load your profile up.

Advertisement