Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

15/03/07. venue-blackpool

Options
  • 16-03-2007 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭

what did you think of last night's show? any ideas what was going on with the players?
    its was surreal looking at barney and priestley goin after the double 1.. think thats where barney lost it. never seem that "what CAN i do!" face on him before.

think results were all over the place with jenkins and taylor giving true performances. to be fair Roland Scholten also held his nerve and its nice to see him pick up a second victory.

on last nights results, jenkins is looking good to make the final..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

iremex wrote:
    on last nights results, jenkins is looking good to make the final..

Jenkins is a quality player. He has been playing like that on the floor tournamenst for the last couple of years but it has taken him a while to get used to playing on the bigs stage in front of the crowd. He is getting better as the weeks go on. He will qualify for the semi-finals at least. If im honest I think the current top four will go through.

Barney was having real trouble dealing with the Priestley pace. Its the first time they have played on TV and Barney just couldnt adjust to it. Priestley has that effect on all the players and its why he is doing so well. Having said that though it was pure comedy that they both ended up on the mad house and couldnt hit. Priestley held his nerve to hot it and I think that was the defining leg of the match.

Lloyd looks a shadow of the player of a couple of years ago and needs to win all his games now if we wants to go through. Lewis showed again that he just doesnt have the bottle to win a major tournament. He goes to pieces far too easily and got a real hammering.

Advertisement