Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swapping the radiators, boiler output and cost

Options
  • 16-03-2007 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm going to get some radiators swapped / increased and have the following questions:

I'm going to use the exisiting rads. in different rooms and nearly all are longer than the existing - is it OK to do this by putting elbows on the flow and return pipes to make them fit?
    One radiator is shorter than the existing ( it is a double panel)

When assessing whether the boiler has the capacity, I have added up the radiator output BTU's at T60. How much do I need to add for the HW cylinder and pipework? The boiler is a Warmflow Bluebird 90/120.

The boiler is an external module in a poor location so it is going to be moved. How mush should I expect to pay (materials and labour) to have the boiler moved 9 metres and factory insulated pipes used. This will involve digging a trench for the pipes and creating a new concrete base for the boiler. I also want extra valves fitted in the event that I change to an alternative boiler eg wood pellet.

Finally, how much should I expect to pay to have 10 radiators changed in the way described above (extending the flow and return pipes) and replacing a further 3 radiators?

Apologies for all of the questions and thanks in advance.

Advertisement