Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet Connection Dropping

Options
  • 16-03-2007 12:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Not sure if this is the correct place to put this, please move if now.
    I have a laprop with Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Vista running on it. I have dial-up internet access at home. However my connection keeps dropping if the page takes too long to load. If I re-connect the page continues loading and is ok then, presumably as its in the cache. I have it set not to drop the line unless idle for 20 mins. The line isnt the problem as it works fine with my pc. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

However my connection keeps dropping if the page takes too long to load.
    I'd say the page load is hanging because the connection has already dropped or is dropping... then the modem gives up some time later.
    Vista is still quite new, it might be a driver problem.
    If it is, I'd imagine you could google for vista and the model of the modem or laptop... at least to know if anyone else has experienced the same thing... often times you'll find a solution posted in the same place.

Actually you could try going to the manufacturers website (laptop or modem) and see if they've released an updated modem driver for Vista.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lynnfurlonger

Thanks for that, but I downloaded the latest drivers, which didnt work unfortunately. I also googled it, but couldnt find anything. Any other suggestions? Its an Acer Aspire 5101. Thanks again

Advertisement