Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SJP and Madonna's new fashion lines...?

Options
  • 16-03-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Seriously if Madonna wasnt dressed by a stylist she'd be walking round in a shell suit all day. Do you honestly believe they have any input into their fashion ranges?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

I really do think they have input. I know that Madonna has spoken in depth about her design process, and while these days she may not seem as creative as once upon a time she definitely knows a thing or two.

As for SJP, having read about her involvement in Lovely I doubt very much that she would allow her name to go on anything that she hadn't been heavily involved in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭lady_j

Maybe Im just cynical, but then again britters had her own line as well and we all can see the fashion icon she's become.

Also If Madonna really was concerned about designing clothes... then why H&M? They're not known for durable/well made clothes. For me its just an opportunity for high street stores to hike up prices because a celebrity's name is on the label.

I know a few designers have designed ranges for high street stores, but that for me is making high fashion affordable for those who want that look. But Madonna doesnt walk round wearing her own designs, so why would we want to?

Am I too cynical, I also question why anyone would want to smell like Jade Goody ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭Rawr!

+1 on the jade goody bit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭louisecm

H&M aren't known for durable/well made clothes, but they are known for being current and fashion forward - I don't deny that having a celebrity design a line for them is a marketing ploy but based on what I've read about Madonna's involvement in the line it really is all her. Whether that means the clothes will be nice/good quality/something she'd wear down the red carpet is another question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Madges line is shoite theres not one piece I like in it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ArtSchool

I actually like Madge's line. I bought the black and white kimono cocktail dress, the taupe shirt dress, and the capri suit and jacket. I thought it was well made and flattering, and since the quality was higher than the rest of the H&M stuff, so we're the prices. Note: all the white and cream colored jackets and suits are ugly, and only mom's were trying them all. All the black stuff is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

They sound nice - just out of interest, did you buy them because they were designed by Madonna, or would you have bought them anyway if you'd just seen them in the shop? Just curious!

From today's popbitch:
    >> Celebrity style <<
    High street fashion under spotlight

Madonna's "fashion" collection is not exactly
    flying off the shelves at H&M. Word is that
    there's little surprise among designers at the
    store. Focus group feedback said the range
    looked cheap and there was a move to limit the
    launch to just accessories, which are stronger.
    But bosses over-ruled and went ahead to avoid
    any negative media fallout from a delay, plus
    avoid confrontation with Her Madgeness.

Over in Arcadia's offices, staff have been
    watching with keen interest, as the Kate
    Moss range of clothes that look a bit like
    what she wears goes on sale on 1st May. Many
    secretly hope it's not a success. Kate,
    they say, appears to have an aversion to
    underwear. Which means that when she comes
    into the offices to try the range on, all
    test pieces have to be thrown away.

Diiiirrttty Madonna, she could at least put on some pants! If the black catsuit from the ads is anything to go by then I doubt I'll be buying!!

Oh god horrible image of madge in catsuit sans knickers :( ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Madge

No I don't believe they have much to do with it. Seen Kate Moss has a line for topshop- http://www.katemosstopshop.com/
    The model looks so small :( The clothes look like children's sizes

• Advertisement
Advertisement