Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need Help with iPod

• 16-03-2007 2:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Nobody has answered in the other forum so thought i would post this here.....

Hopefully someone can help me out, i have connected my iPod to the pc in work and when i open iTunes ut tells me the iPod is in recovery mode and i need to Restore. I have done this and when it ha finished wiping everything of the iPod it still sayd that it needs to be restored and that it is still in Recovery mode. I have restored 3 times now and it is getting on my nerves now...

Any help is great

Comments

Ditch the iPod and get a creative. They're much better, cheaper and you don't have to sell your soul to the devil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Ditch the iPod and get a creative. They're much better, cheaper and you don't have to sell your soul to the devil.
    Creative can be equally bad. Just Ipod hold the market majority so you hear the most problems about them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

if you go to the apple site they have a load of troubleshooting guidelines...you should be able to find what you need there! its quite comprehensive as far as i remember!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

saw this on digg the other day, it's for ipods that wont boot, but there might be something there that could help you?

http://crunchgear.com/2007/03/05/crunchgear-how-to-fix-an-ipod-that-wont-boot/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Green_Martian

Thanks for all the help guys...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

did you get it sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭estariol

Afraid Ipods, are just not that good...!!! (a marketing coup really)
    Try ditching the completly Sh*t Itunes and use either ephpod/anapod/xplay etc

going to try and do it in a bit...........im very lazy today.............:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You sound like a good candidate for a hazing ritual, potential brother Green Martian. Kindly follow said link

This is really weird, i am at home and tried the iPod on my own Laptop and guess what it is working.........Very strange indeed....i have no songs on it so will have to start from scratch again.........

Oh well i blame the work PC:p

Thanks again for all the help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

I'd go with I-river. Despite the obvious rip off name, I-river is far superior to I-pod. I've had both and I havn't had near the problems with my I-river that I had with my I-pod. I've had my I-river for longer aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,621 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Been a Creative man since the first model came out.They've had their problems,chief being there apparent unavoidable tendance to die after a year or so.Hopefully the new model has finally moved beyond this.Can't stand Apple products myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

You can only use 1 computer for an iPod. If you try to change computers, it wipes everything you have. That's why iPods suck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Sorry for hijacking thread OP, but does anyone know if/when microsoft are releasing their 'ipod'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

boreds wrote:
    Sorry for hijacking thread OP, but does anyone know if/when microsoft are releasing their 'ipod'?
    I thought they released their MP3 player already? I might be completly wrong thougb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

On that note, what do people think of the [urlhttp://www.apple.com/iphone/]Iphone[/url]? I think it just looks like a bad phone and a bad mp3 put together...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Haven't seen on irl yet, what's the quality like?

I'm not a big fan of i-pods, mine is completely wasted, died of natural causes just around the end of the warranty and really isn't worth repairing. It's been at the bottom of my schoolbag for about two months. But then again I think I can live happily (and fall off my bike less) when I have no music.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I love my ipod, i got the photo and im glad too cos the video one is just too big. then again i got an imac too, so my kind of apple biased.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: thats nearlly as bad as when on computers section people post with windows problems and are told to get a mac or linux :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Hi guys, Nobody has answered in the other forum so thought i would post this here.....

In future don't. Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement