Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Court Question

Options
  • 16-03-2007 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    Has anyone here used the Small Claims Court to Get refunds from a Telecommunications company? I am considering going that route to get a refund off my present supplier (who has billing department problems ;) ) but i was advised that its unlikely i will be able to claim as even though i have been double charged by them i am still actually getting the service they contracted to give.
    Any Advice is much appreciated either in public or in PM
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

By that logic its ok for the ESB to charge you 200e line rental as a overcharge because their still supplying you with electric, who told you that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Altreab wrote:
    Hi All
    Has anyone here used the Small Claims Court to Get refunds from a Telecommunications company? I am considering going that route to get a refund off my present supplier (who has billing department problems ;) ) but i was advised that its unlikely i will be able to claim as even though i have been double charged by them i am still actually getting the service they contracted to give.
    Any Advice is much appreciated either in public or in PM
    Thanks

I KNOW it will be a PITA but, in this order....

1. Write a formal letter of complaint [not email or phone call] explaining the facts of the problem and the resolution you are expecting. You MUST state the words FORMAL COMPLAINT somewhere in there.

2. Allow about 12 working days for them to reply. 10 working days is standard but add one or two for delays in post getting to them and back to you. Might be better to send by registered post.

3. If TelCo is still not playing ball, contact ComReg [the PITA] by phone and explain the problem to them. Inform them that you have made a formal complaint and waited more than 10 working days for a reply without success. They will ask the TelCo to play ball.

4. If the TelCo still doesn't play ball go through the Small Claims Court. It will cost you something like €15, no more. When you send off your applicaton it will either be accepted or rejected based on it's merits. You will get a resolution [good or bad] from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭clohamon

You can claim online in some districts.

http://www.courts.ie/Courts.ie/Library3.nsf/0/781D7D5227918A618025715C004CAEF3?OpenDocument

Its not for business to business though.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

Cabaal wrote:
    By that logic its ok for the ESB to charge you 200e line rental as a overcharge because their still supplying you with electric, who told you that?

I agree and it was an officer of the District court that said it to me. Peeded me off big time it did!!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Altreab

IrishTLR wrote:
    I KNOW it will be a PITA but, in this order....

1. Write a formal letter of complaint [not email or phone call] explaining the facts of the problem and the resolution you are expecting. You MUST state the words FORMAL COMPLAINT somewhere in there.

2. Allow about 12 working days for them to reply. 10 working days is standard but add one or two for delays in post getting to them and back to you. Might be better to send by registered post.

3. If TelCo is still not playing ball, contact ComReg [the PITA] by phone and explain the problem to them. Inform them that you have made a formal complaint and waited more than 10 working days for a reply without success. They will ask the TelCo to play ball.

4. If the TelCo still doesn't play ball go through the Small Claims Court. It will cost you something like €15, no more. When you send off your applicaton it will either be accepted or rejected based on it's merits. You will get a resolution [good or bad] from this.

Thanks .....that is nearly exactly the same line of action i was planning on
    Major PITA it is but at this stage im so fed up with them!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement