Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Considerate Dentist for Nervous/(will crack up in dentist chair!) Patient?!

• 16-03-2007 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm really really terrified of the dentists, I got my braces off two years ago and have only gone once since,and that was a horrible exp and I never went back to him. I really need a good dentist who has patience and won't dismiss my anxiety as 'nerves that will pass' - because I really do flip out!

If I could get a dentist that has an alternative to injections I'd be ok..I hav to go cz I'm pretty sure I need a few fillings and god knows what else. I panic even at the thought of going. I know its stupid and I try to be logical about it but once I'm in that chair I'm a nervous wreck.

Any reccommendations would be great. Has anyone been to Smiles in town?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 EmiliaK

I'm the same and have had some awful experiences!! Finally found a dentist I can trust and who is understanding and I swear to you, he makes the whole thing as relaxing as possible.

I'm always nervous (who isn't) but am never terrified like I used to be. I know I'll survive it and that there is no need to flip out because he's brilliant.

His name is Reamon Ryan and he's in Beaumont in the houses beside the front entrance to the hospital.

He doesn't lecture you either which is great! I hate that!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

oh god sounds exactly what I'm looking for! Im on southside but I'd have no problem going there if he was good. Could you pm me his number if you have it?

Thanks a million

Advertisement