Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Uninstall Transcode360

• 16-03-2007 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi guys,
    I've been trying in vain to get both TVersity and Transcode360 working on my Vista Home Premium pc with my xbox360 but at the moment I can't seem to uninstall the transcode360.

The Tversity uninstalled with no probs but the other one won't cos its telling me that I have to stop it first but when i open the task manager it shows that there are no apps running with that name.

Any one got any ideas on how I can uninstall it ?

Sorry if this is an easy fix, bit of a novice with pc's.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There appear to be bugs with certain versions and uninstalling from Vista that where corrected in future releases.

You could try the manual delete as suggested in the end of that thread or install the Vista 1.6.2 release from here over it it and maybe that will sort it out.

This guide may be of some use in getting TVersity up & running with the Xbox 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Cheers, i'm trying that now will post a reply as soon as I get more info

OK i've tried that, i downloaded the Vista 1.6.1 release but I can't seem to find the 1.6.2 release you mentioned.

When I run the installer it tells me to "please uninstall transcode360 before running this installation"

I've deleted the files manually and also searched for the files and then deleted whatever i found.

the only place I can see the transcode 360 is in the programmes and features and i can't uninstall it from there as before.

I'm not sure where to go next with this, if I leave it there will it do any harm ?

Happy Days,
    After a re-boot it finally uninstalled, many thanks for the help 8T8, I used that guide to get Tversity working but images are all upside down think I need an older version of ffdshow.

thanks again

Uninstall any codec packs you are using in Vista and use the CCCP instead with it's version of ffdshow and see if that corrects it.

I see what you mean it's says 1.6.2 is the latest release but is not present in the download section I think if your a member of the site you can download it see this thread not sure why really.

Pity Transcode360 is not getting much support as it worked well enough for running through Windows Media Centre but since the original dev parted ways the project looks to be running into the ground.

• Advertisement

Cheers, I found a recent thread on the support forum on Tversity where they had the same prob as myself and they used an older rev of ffdshow (rev 801), that worked perfectly for me when i installed it

If only i could figure out what audio and video url's were and how I could use them or even if I could use them with the x360.

I watched the ireland vs italy under 20's today on rte.ie, would i've been able to stream that down to the Tv using TVersity?

Is that what those url's do ? prob gone off to a whole new issue now sorry, don't think this applies to my vista issue anymore.

Cheers for the help 8T8

FYI I think I recall someone a while back saying their video was upside down with ffdshow and once they installed the latest Vista graphics card drivers the problem was solved so that may be another option if you ever need to use a newer version.

You can use TVersity only for video streaming as far as I'm aware that means it transcodes on the fly standalone videos like XviD AVI's into WMV nothing else. In order to watch over stuff like LiveTV or stream video plugins you must go through Windows Media Centre extender not the Xbox 360's own UI.

In order to view things like RTE streamed video you have to capture it as you point out with a download manager, problem is RTE have redesigned their site making it much harder to find the video url in the pages source however....

A way round that is to right click in Real Player embedded video and select play in RealPlayer now click file->clip properties->view clip info & it will give us the location of the file under the file name section a .smil file.

Now copy the location of the .smil into a download manager that understands real redirects like Flashget and it will download the video.

For Real video support you must install the Real Alternative codec as the regular real Player is not directshow compatible.

Advertisement