Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Creating An Account

Options
  • 16-03-2007 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

I just bought this game Yesterday, and after the lengthy install I got to making my account, I had no intentions of buying a further subscription until after my free month had expired, but you must enter either your credit card details or a game card code to complete your registration and get your free month.

I don't have an actual credit card, but I have a left over 3V voucher that still hasn't expired yet, but only has €2.16 left on it, I'm planning on going into GAME next week to buy a 60 day game card, but I don't want to wait until then to play WOW.

So my question is, is it possible to just enter in my 3V Visa voucher just to complete my registration, then change my payment method to game cards once I buy one next week?And also would doing the above mess anything up?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I've never used a 3V card/voucher before so I'm not sure, but as long as it is like a credit card number.... it might work. Maybe someone else here has tried. You can log into your account to change from a CC to a gamecard so it shouldn't be a problem switching over (there's an "Add Game Card" option on the account screen, and "Change Payment Method").

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

So my question is, is it possible to just enter in my 3V Visa voucher just to complete my registration, then change my payment method to game cards once I buy one next week?And also would doing the above mess anything up?

Thanks.

ya you can, i did it before and it works fine for me, as long as any credit card is actice it works. hoped that helped ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Thanks a lot for that, my final question is would that still allow me to have my free month up front?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

xtra vision are doin wow game cards now...in case one of those is closer to you

Yeah tried that, my local apparently have to order them in, yep they're that crappy.Ok I thought of another question, if I use my left over 3V voucher to complete my registration, then once I'm registered, change my payment option to game cards, will I be asked there and then for a game card code?Or can I play my free month and top up by game card whenever I want?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

im fairly sure when you change subscription from visa to gamecard they ask you straight away for the gamecard number, only 1 way to find out is to do it and find out ;)

OK thanks a lot for all of your help guys, sure I have my free month now, and I'll be buying a 60 day card next week so the fact that it's just a 3V card with no funds on it shouldn't matter anyway.

Thanks again.

Advertisement