Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Cam, uses up new batteries in seconds

Options
  • 16-03-2007 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭

I have a digital camera, and every time I put in new batteries it is screaming 'low battery' in seconds. Is there anything that could be wrong here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

38141 wrote:
    I have a digital camera, and every time I put in new batteries it is screaming 'low battery' in seconds. Is there anything that could be wrong here?

not sure but
    if they're rechargeable batteries make sure they're fully charged first.

that's probably not your problem but just in case you overlooked it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭38141

No these were brand new batteries when I put them in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,993 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Most digital cameras require high power batteries. Standard Duracell etc don't have enough power to run them. Check the manual for the camera and see what power they require. Or buy a couple of 2100mAh rechargable batteries as they should run most digital cameras.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I've an Olympus camera which, for some reason will not work on rechargeable batteries - it just says that the batteries are near dead. I think it might be something to do with what Del2005 said, as rechargeables are only 1.2v while non-rechargeable's are 1.5v

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Get 2600 mAh batterys and if that does not slove it, it's the camera

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

byte wrote:
    I've an Olympus camera which, for some reason will not work on rechargeable batteries - it just says that the batteries are near dead. I think it might be something to do with what Del2005 said, as rechargeables are only 1.2v while non-rechargeable's are 1.5v
    Had exactly the same problem myself with an Olympus digi cam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

38141 wrote:

Faulty new batteries or Camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

38141 wrote:
    It wouldn't be one of those heavily discounted samsung models, would it? (D103 I think) apparently they murder the batteries.

The camera works now after putting in new duracell batteries. The original batteries I used were a cheap make.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Ah, good to see you've it sorted.

I'm wondering if those new Energizer Lithium are worth the extra expense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

tallus wrote:
    Had exactly the same problem myself with an Olympus digi cam.

Me too, just gave up on the camera cos it was two years old and nothing seemed to revive it. Was such a great quality camera too :( Makes me wary of buying an olympus again though as i read a review on amazon of a new olympus which did the same thing after 6 months and olympus then said it was the customers fault for damaging it not theirs for selling a crappy camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

38141 wrote:
    The camera works now after putting in new duracell batteries. The original batteries I used were a cheap make.

What make and model of camera was it?

hi its a polaroid PDC4055

Advertisement