Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The 100-k barrier

• 16-03-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Just to add a bit of gravitas to this forum, I thought about doing a quick survey:

Which of the brothers has managed to break the 100 k barrier?

It's not your annual salaries I'm curious about, but your G-force ...as in bathroom scales G-force ..as in Kay-Gee's / kilogrammes. *

Having girth is one thing, but overall bulk just rounds it off nicely, don't you think, brothers?

So for the record ...102 KG here.

*submissions in stones, chippings, gravel or whatever other "imperial" units of measurement there may be are not accepted in this survey

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Topped the scales at 104kg, but as I'm currently in an extended period of convalescence and am unable to indulge in my normal pub and takeaway regime (not to mention the loss in weight from muscle wastage), I am down to a svelte 93kg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

used to be 114 now only 88 :(

gone but not forgotten :)

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

only 82kgs but surely we should be adjusting for height? for me 5' 9" thats
    a good weight.

and when I say 'good' I mean in the BGRH definition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

125 Kg ... used be an advantage in the front row, now it's a part of me :eek:

lightweights pfft.

*parp*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I am currently 109kilos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

I used to be 10 st 10 at age 30, now I'm 14 and a half at age 46.

And don't gimme any of that "no stones, pounds whatever other "imperial" units of measurement" guff.

Only slobs may enter here, so none of that new fancy metric sh!te. We are slobs, so we live in the past, as well as being lazy sh!tes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Pah!!! All tremble in my wake, (usually happens) I'm currently 120kg/19 stone. Was tipping scales at over 130 previously but am currently losing weight on Bannfuhrer Herr Doctors orders. Damn his oily hide....:cool:

Slow coach wrote:
    I used to be 10 st 10 at age 30, now I'm 14 and a half at age 46.

And don't gimme any of that "no stones, pounds whatever other "imperial" units of measurement" guff.

Only slobs may enter here, so none of that new fancy metric sh!te. We are slobs, so we live in the past, as well as being lazy sh!tes.

i had to use google to get my weight in kilos. i never knew it'd convert it for you itself until today..

Pah!!! All tremble in my wake, (usually happens) I'm currently 120kg/19 stone. Was tipping scales at over 130 previously but am currently losing weight on Bannfuhrer Herr Doctors orders. Damn his oily hide....:cool:

i'll get my coat.

ahem ... i'm currently 125 kg ... i feel some sumo comin' on Brother Fozzie :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

trout wrote:
    ahem ... i'm currently 125 kg ... i feel some sumo comin' on Brother Fozzie :cool:

I have been humbled by your superior mass brother Trout.... I was living off my past glories of those heady days when i was 130+ plowing my way through lesser front rows....

However all is not lost! We shall go gut to gut on Tuesday after a weekend of alcohol fueled debauchery. I reckon i can gain 5kg in fluid (budwesier) retention alone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I have to admit Brothers that I do not know my true gravity factor. When I look down I cannot see past the perimeter of the bulge. I suspect it may well be in three or more figures.

I have heard it said the inside every fat man there is a thin man trying to get out. Sadly I cannot remember eating the aforementioned thin man. It must have happened during a drunken snack fest.

However all is not lost! We shall go gut to gut on Tuesday after a weekend of alcohol fueled debauchery. I reckon i can gain 5kg in fluid (budwesier) retention alone!

*slurp* *slurp* *slurp* *gulp* *guzzle* *parp*

/*me stocks up in preparation for what promises to be a titanic clash*/

Brother Fozzie Bear ... shall we sell the TV rights and split the profits 50/50 ?

we could call it "Wall to Wall Flesh"

i've got some carbo-loading to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

116kgs here:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Though i'm as lazy as you can get and eat more than i should i'm 72kg (in my cloths)

*cringe*

I do have a bit of a gut though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

its visible gut that counts...16 and already am working on my gut :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

According to the google converter, I'm 69.85 Kilos. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

An overflowing 76kg here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

119.3kg. Us props need to stand together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Pfft. I'm surrounded by mere flyweights. 135 kg here.

Kudos to Brother Smashey ... i was 125 Kg before the 4 day weekend of pizza & beer ... can't be arsed weighing myself again.

I notice a lot of light weight hairy pencil waists creepin' in here ... are they being caught up in the gravitational pull ?

135 Kg is the biggest posting so far, which makes Brother Smashey the winnah, or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Don't shun me brothers, a lowly 63kg. :(

Ruu wrote:
    Don't shun me brothers, a lowly 63kg. :(

so long as generate top notch forum sigs, and you leave your gold card behind the bar, you'll always get a welcome here Brother Ruu :)

Mind you, certain RTE newsreaders are known to prefer their men built for comfort, and not for speed ... if you get my drift ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

90kg ex 2nd row, back row

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

thrill wrote:
    Though i'm as lazy as you can get and eat more than i should i'm 72kg (in my cloths)

*cringe*

I hate thin people who can laze around and stuff their faces... :D
    thrill wrote:

That's not a gut, THIS is a gut. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,760 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

102.5 :D

I've lost 1.25 stone exercising, so may dip under the magical barrier shortly.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I'm a card carrying member, altho how deep in i'm not telling how deep i'm in...

Just did a Conversion... i beat smashey

Props all the way!

I'm a card carrying member, altho how deep in i'm not telling how deep i'm in...

Just did a Conversion... i beat smashey

Props all the way!
    Pfft. In my day, I kept the props and the hooker in line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭sioda

92 here brothers but could slim up after a weekend on the Guinness and Kebab diet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Slim up
    I like it, it could catch on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Kilos

Thought i have more in me, i'm a little disapointed :mad:

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

90-95 afaik. Exam time is coming up, which means a steady diet of pringles caffeinated soda pops, simple carbs and ready meals. I'm scared brothers.

According to google: 98.4295443 kilogram

So close. But I am only 25, plus I'm about to have a massive fry now so it can only go up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

76kg. I was more last year but have got it back a bit. Need to lose a few more.

• Advertisement

Rabies wrote:
    76kg. I was more last year but have got it back a bit. Need to lose a few more.

Get thee to the fitness forum.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Rabies wrote:
    76kg. I was more last year but have got it back a bit. Need to lose a few gain a lot more.

Corrected.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I'm a delightfully proportioned 95 kilos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

trout wrote:
    Mind you, certain RTE newsreaders are known to prefer their men built for comfort, and not for speed ... if you get my drift ;)
    No wonder Derek Davis has been looking so tired recently.

I'm a svelte 95K (15.5 old stones) at the moment, having trimmed down from a peek of 107K (17 old stones) just after Xmas. Just another 10K to lose to enable me to cut up my "H.Dumpty Mensware" customer loyalty card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

peasant wrote:
    Just to add a bit of gravitas to this forum

LOL :)

I've been close to 100kg, but no cigar. I don't own weighing scales but I guess I'm around 90kg atm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

I'm at a lowly 85kg, but I'm only 5'7" and 22 so I'm getting there :) Give me three years to the 100kg mark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

at 104 now after two years at 95ish:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

Just over 140 kg at 6' 5"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭Fey!

Spot on 20 stone (without clothes), which converts to 127kgm, standing 6'5" at 31 years of age.

Put on 1 1/2 stone in the last 6 weeks after giving up the ciggies.

We have the makings of a damn fine rugby team here. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

My weight is stubbornly stuck at 84kg.

Advertisement