Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Australia general skilled migrant visa??

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

sharky86 wrote: »
    I think the main reason for a delay with a lot of applications was changes introduced in March, correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the department of Immigration change the processing priorities or something then. No one could have foreseen this.

Have to applied for state sponsorship? Hang in there it will be come through

You are correct depending on your occupation will affect the processing of a GSM Visa

See this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=61305591

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

sharky86 wrote: »
    I think the main reason for a delay with a lot of applications was changes introduced in March, correct me if I'm wrong but didnt the department of Immigration change the processing priorities or something then. No one could have foreseen this.

Have to applied for state sponsorship? Hang in there it will be come through

Yes thats right, we were put on the CSL in Jan and in March they took us off - fair enough, we were still on MODL at time of lodging and had 120 points for 175 but then later in June they announced that bascially all MODL's won't be looked at until July 2010 - MODL's are mostly trades and as Australia is in the same pickle as the rest of us they want to keep the jobs for Australians which we completely understand but at least give us the option to have our money back.

If you paid for a car and they promised you that it would be delivered in X amount of time and then kept putting you off and off and moving the goal posts and then said well we may have it for you in 2 or 3 years you'd want your money back too.

Its 1. State/ Territory, 2. CSL's, 3. MODL's, 4. SOL's. I have applied for State Sponsorship with Queensland - we really wanted Victoria but they are not sponsoring many trades at the moment, and have had nothing except a confirmation from them.

Advertisement