Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

using other 3g phones on 3

• 16-03-2007 5:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭

hi.
    I was thinking of getting a windows mobile 3g phone.
    i'm looking at the htc tytn (vodafone v1605), htc trinity, htc kaiser or eten x800.

i'm with vodafone. can anyone tell me what the story is with getting such a phone and then signing up to 3 bill-pay (or porting over from vf)

do you still get the new data addons and will you be able to make use of them with all the windows mobile apps.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

I remember people saying that they could get onto the network with the same tariffs but getting planet 3 configured to a phone thats not from them was very hard to do (if they could do it at all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

1huge1 wrote:
    I remember people saying that they could get onto the network with the same tariffs but getting planet 3 configured to a phone thats not from them was very hard to do (if they could do it at all)

thanks.
    tbh i'm not interested in planet 3 stuff (I'm fairly sure i'm not anyway?).

I just want to use 3's network and cheap voice/data tarriffs with a 3g-enabled windows mobile phone.

e.g would it be possible to use these windows mobile- based apps:

1) pocket outlook or flexmail for my email.
    2) pocket internet explorer, netfront or opera mini for browsing.
    3) skype for pocketpc for voip

thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

my point exactly by planet 3 i meant all the internet/data
    maybe people have overcome this but not from my knowledge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

3 don't do pop/smtp at present on their mobile bb so the outlook for pocket outlook is grim. Should be able to use pocket ie or opera as long as you have correct apn etc. You'll need password.. Just say you deleted your access pt and they'll text settings. Any others doing this on "unsupported" handsets?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

technically using a non-3 phone is breach of contract. dunno if they do anything about it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

1huge1 wrote:

I have a K800i (bought sim-free - non-branded) and it works on 3 no problem. I also configured it to use Planet 3 and can access all features so I believe it is a matter of just entering the correct settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭mkennedy

ADSLUSER wrote:
    I have a K800i (bought sim-free - non-branded) and it works on 3 no problem. I also configured it to use Planet 3 and can access all features so I believe it is a matter of just entering the correct settings.

can I ask what the correct settings are ADSLUSER?

Advertisement