Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a forum

• 16-03-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭

Rather than post my query in AH, then let it get moved, I thought that I might try here. Do we have a forum dedicated to building things yourself, eg. toasters etc.? I'm going to try to build something, and will need voltometres(sp?) etc, and I want to ask a few Qs
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Are you suggesting a forum? If so then this should be under the Forums forum. If not then maybe Engineering(rather quiet) might be the place to ask your query or perhaps if it has to do with electrical issues, Gardening/DIY.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Yeah, also just to say sounds like a fun idea!

• Subscribers Posts: 16,590 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

I actually like the sound of this forum, I do a little bit of tinkering myself and use sites like:

http://www.instructables.com/

for ideas and info.

Currently I'd say DIY is your best bet. Engineering is mostly a studenty forum rather than a practical one.

edit: you know what this could be a good forum to have, 'Lifehacking' to make it sound cool as well.
    Minister, feel free to propose in forums, if not, I will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

I should have been clearer. I'm asking if we have one.

EDIT: I'll try engineering or DIY, it's more supply stores that I need. Unfortunately, we don't have RadioShack in Ireland.
    Copecetic, thanks for the linkie

I should have been clearer. I'm asking if we have one.

EDIT: I'll try engineering or DIY, it's more supply stores that I need. Unfortunately, we don't have RadioShack in Ireland.
    Copecetic, thanks for the linkie

maplin isn't bad, or you can setup a radionics or farnell a/c.

• Advertisement

A MacGyver forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

^ Indeed. Build a bomb with lemon juice and a stick of chewing gum. :) Maybe try Peats, The_Minister.

Myth wrote:
    A MacGyver forum?

he could certainly be an inspiration.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Wrong forum but the question has been more or less answered so I'm closing this.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you are ever unsure in which forum to post your thread (I get that a lot) - just post it in the closest forum and explain that you weren't sure which forum to use. And the mod may or may not move it to a more appropriate forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement