Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap alternative to Airport parking

• 16-03-2007 6:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Im going from Bray to the airport and I want some where to leave my car for a few days.

I figure it would be cheaper to take public transport that park in the airport, provided I could find some where cheap or even free to park either near the airport or in town.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Ive always used quickpark near the airport and actually find it grand for value and less hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Hi,
    Im going from Bray to the airport and I want some where to leave my car for a few days.

I figure it would be cheaper to take public transport that park in the airport, provided I could find some where cheap or even free to park either near the airport or in town.

Any ideas?

How about a DART to city centre - bus to airport instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,492 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Dart to Connolly €2.35
    747 to airport €6
    Total return fare = €16.70

Quickpark €6 per day

Take your pick :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya if your in bray id say its much easier getting public transport but surely you have someone that could just drive you there and drop you off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭MarkoP11

Alun wrote:
    Dart to Connolly €2.35
    747 to airport €6
    Total return fare = €16.70

Quickpark €6 per day

Take your pick :)
    Ask at Bray station for the combined Rail and 747 ticket to Dublin Airport, €7 single each way, €14 total regardless of how long you are gone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Alun wrote:
    Quickpark €6 per day
    €7.50 per day now! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

Ive been using a motorbike to get to the Airport for the last few years and have left them unnattended for up to a week. Its free airport parking fanywhere including the short term car parks, Ive asked the parking attendants about it and they said they keep a blind eye to them coming in. Make sure you bring a load of good locks!!! and its best to park in view of the security cameras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

58x from St Brendans school but only one trip every morning to the Airport via DCU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,027 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Bradidup wrote:
    Ive asked the parking attendants about it and they said they keep a blind eye to them coming in
    I presume you mean that they turn a blind eye to them going out.

It may be a little more difficult since the new barrier/security system went operational at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭*WKD*

The Aircoach is a great service too E7, but not sure how handy it would be for you to get a lift to Leopardstown from Bray??

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Bradidup

I presume you mean that they turn a blind eye to them going out.

It may be a little more difficult since the new barrier/security system went operational at Christmas.

Theres a big enough gap for most bikes to squeeze through, I got through last month, It would be impossible to charge bike parking there, if they stopped them in the short term building some other free place would be found and could end up more of a hassle even a security risk for Aer Rianta so they are better off letting them go.

Advertisement