Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced entry - Does it work?

Options
  • 16-03-2007 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of transferring from Construction Studies in Dundalk Institute of Technology to Product Design in DIT.

Now I also want to apply through advanced entry, as I would be able to skip first year. I was in Dundalk IT for 2 years and I really want to go out there and work in product design field as soon as possible, even if it means packing my bags and heading for the continent. :X

The question is, has application for advanced entry worked for anybody here at all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

there were a number od students that entered my second year through advanced entry, they were in similar courses and so skipped first year,
    i think that there needs to be a link between courses to get considered,
    im would be up to date on the details of product design, but is there a similarity between it and construction studies?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭experiMental

do you mean that you're actually studying product design? If so, what is it like?

There are very few similarities between it and construction studies. Although there are Maths, Science and Economics taught in both of these courses, they are presented in a completely different context and the topics in those subjects are also different.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,377 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

sorry, was half asleep writing that last reply, should of said i wouldn't be up to date.

if there are very few similarities then it might be hard to get a avanced entry place. people in my course came from 2 year dip courses in the same subject.

Advertisement