Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the PS2 remain on our shelves?

Options
  • 16-03-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I'm working on soft modding an old xbox at the moment and would like to chip a slimline PS2 at some point in the future before tearing my kid nephew's apart.

Question - will I still be able to buy a PS2 from Komplett after the PS3 is released here, for how long afterwards, and has anyone any idea of the price drop, if any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Theres a Komplett rep on these boards. In this forum.

Probably best starting a new thread and not sending a PM. Id assume his inbox is full!

Also, there is an Irish web based retailer at www.modchipsireland.com. I think there is a number there you could ring or text.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Calos

i softmodded my ps2 for 10euro, i just bought a disc in hmv, to transfer gamesaves to the ps2's MC. i put an exploit into the gamesave and i boot the exploit with a ps1 game. then i can select all the ps2 apps out there, iso loaders, media player, emulator's and other various homebrew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Theres a Komplett rep on these boards. In this forum.

Thanks.
    Calos wrote:
    i softmodded my ps2 for 10euro, i just bought a disc in hmv, to transfer gamesaves to the ps2's MC. i put an exploit into the gamesave and i boot the exploit with a ps1 game. then i can select all the ps2 apps out there, iso loaders, media player, emulator's and other various homebrew.

Your not talking about this swap magic disc thing you have to load everytime you want to load anything else? How does what you have compare to the matrix infinity chip which is what I was thinking of getting with a HDD for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I wouldn't worry about the PS2 disappearing quickly. The production of the PS1 only stopped a year ago (tomorrow ;)), 5+ years after the PS2 arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Sweet, thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement