Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a decent, cheap stopwatch

• 16-03-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I bought cheap ass watch in argos a few months ago and was making great progress in my new endeavour to get fit and then it crapped out on me. Care to recommend one?

Yes I could run around with my phone in the mean time but I think it makes me look quite the tit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

I'm a really big fan of the polar watches and HRM's but they can be pricey. It's a case of you get what you pay for as far as I can see though. A lot of people I know use timex watches which I guess would be cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭PoleStar

I second the Polar

I have an RS200 with speed and distance monitor which is fab.

However if goin for cheap watch, any casio or timex for around 20 euro will be perfect. I have a timex which I got in Argos actually for a bout 25 euro I think which has lap timing and all that craic you need. Its still goin perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 581 ✭✭✭bazman

Sounds like you don't want to spent much money and that you don't need a heart rate monitor or distance calculator. This watch from Casio at Argos is excellent value:

http://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=30001&langId=-1&catalogId=10751&productId=757334&clickfrom=image

I use that watch for racing. For training I use a Polar S625x with lots of useful utilities including speed/distance/altitude/HRM/timers etc etc, but it will set you back at least 250 ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks guys. I'll pick up a polar one when I'm further into my training :)

Advertisement