Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do guys go to hair dressers?

• 16-03-2007 8:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭

Perhaps a stupid question, but do guys actually go to hair dressers like Peter Marks? Anyone here? If so what are your reasons?

I usually just go to the local barbers and get the gruaig cut when it's too long, but I'd like a change. Whenever I've tried to grow longer hair it just becomes unmanageable and I'm forced to get it cut. I haven't really found a style I want, just something a bit longer than the regular "4 back and sides".

Went into the barbers today and the guy scalped me! I look like a skanger (Stooooooooooory bud!! :D) I want a change!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Sam's Barbers on the north quays would sort you out! its like a men's hairdressers. Its 25quid for a wash and cut(standard). I'd recomend it cause they actually know how to cut with a scissors and its not akways the same machine cut!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

I've been going to Peter Marks now for about a year or so. I've only been 3 times though as I get my haircut fairly irregularly I suppose.

I used to be like yourself always going for the standerd fresh prince of bel air 4 back and sides LOL.

then I just started growing my hair longer and longer and it suits me much better. I'm gonna let it grow right through summer then go to peter marks and get them to cut it properly for me instead of just shaving it all off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I go to Peter Marks quite simply because I prefer the haircut I get there to the one I receive in the barber shops, even the better places like the Grafton Barber.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭unreggd

Tell your barber you wanna keep the lenght, but keep it tidy, and they'll thin your hair out for ye

I'm the same, love havin longer hair, but gets too bushy and hard to manage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Bah, Buy a remmington hair trimmer and be done with it. I haven't paid for a haircut in about eight years *spits tobacco*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

My mate does mine. Happy days. €50 for a hair trimmer cutter thingy and paid for in no time.

He's being cutting hair for years and is damn good at it.

Though I don't cut his. For the sake our friendship. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Sams on the quays is the best place in Dublin, pricey but good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

I've been going to the same hairdresser in Wexford for the past 3 years. I have long hair and I only need it cut every 2/3 months so I don't see the harm in spending money on someone who's going to do a decent job. Also I get a cup of tea and get to flick through Heat and Hello!

I also get lowlights done, he charges me less than 50 quid for the lot wheras he charges women a lot more. viva gender discrimination!

Unfortunately for me, God decided it would be a laugh if he had my beautiful hair fall out so I won't be going to this guy much longer :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭FeelingTired

Yep,have went to Peter Marks a bit,never know what to do with my hair so they usually have good suggestions and do a great job, also handy when I got highlights. The barber on Parliament Street (I think,street parallel to George Street, off Dame street) beside Jack and Jones do a quality job as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

I've no principled objection to going to a Hair Stylist (or whatever). But I baulk at the cost. I like spending money, but not on something that's going to be back-to-square-one in a week or so.

College Barbers in Balinteer will set you back a tenner. She does what you ask her to, as well, instead of giving you the haircut she'd like you to have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 744 ✭✭✭cold_filter

ah the joys of having a full head of hair!! if only i was so lucky!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Rediguana, I go to Toni & Guy frequently enough. The way i see it is: If you go in to a shop and buy a Shirt for 40quid, you'll wear it maybe every second saturday night for a couple of months. But the hair on your head - you wear that ALL the time - if you add up the hours, it's probably better value. I genuinely would baulk a hell of a lot quicker at the people up here saying they've "100Euro to spend on a pair of Jeans, any advice???"

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

It's because good quality jeans can easily last a year. 100 euro for 12 months wear, or 40 for 1 month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Cork

Dead Ed wrote:
    Bah, Buy a remmington hair trimmer and be done with it. I haven't paid for a haircut in about eight years *spits tobacco*

Funny, I am cuttoing my own hair for over a year - nobody has even noticed the differance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It's because good quality jeans can easily last a year. 100 euro for 12 months wear, or 40 for 1 month.
    You wear the same pair of Jeans 24/7? All I'm saying is that it's not as ridiculous a concept as people might think. And what's the point in having great Jeans and a dodgy haircut.
    As for getting the head shaved - unfortunately, that doesn't suit us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭meanpeoplesuck

24/7? It's easy to get 30+ days wear out of a pair of jeans when there's 365 days in a year. I couldn't care less how much you spend on a haircut but trying to justify it as a better purchase than an item of clothing based on some subjective theory about how often you wear said item of clothing isn't helping anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I use the place in Arnotts.

It's actually pretty good and they seem to cater for people of all walks of life... I like how they wash and cut your hair in the same place... very economical.

Grafton Barber - but you have to keep getting the same 'stylist'

Otherwise it can go horribly wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Dead Ed wrote:
    Same here, after a while you end up really quick at it too and can get it done easily in under 10 mins.
    100 euro for a year? What kind of crap jeans are you buying?

I've jeans which I bought 6 years ago and cost me 20 punts and are still going strong.

Advertisement