Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

05 Primera - throttle body

Options
  • 16-03-2007 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭

folks ... i'm looking for some car wisdom here please

i drive a 05 Primera, SVE model ... 30K on the clock, never had a problem until scheduled service end of Feb

a week later, leaving the house, i got a warning message about "a malfunction has occured in the Engine Control System. Although there is a remote chance of immediate breakdown, you should avoid driving at high speeds and get to your Nissan dealer immediately".

so ... waited for rush hour to clear, brought the car into the dealer... who diagnosed a faulty throttle body, and replaced it under warranty.

drove it for 3 days ... all the while thinking the car didn't feel right ... it wouldn't readily rev past 3000 revs without kicking.

anyway, long story short, the warning message came back on saturday night, so i left the car for the weekend, called the dealer on monday, and arranged to the car in on thursday.

just got the car back today - with the explanation that the new throttle body installed last week was actually faulty, so they replaced it again. car feels fine now, but it just seems a little odd to me, two faulty throttle body parts in the space of 10 days ... any thoughts ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 89civic

sounds to me like your air flow meter (AFM) was damaged this is a very delicate piece inside your throttle body which can lead to erratic idling from your car if the smallest bit of dirt hits it just be careful about wat you drive over water mud ect.... as it will get sucked into the trollte body and damage the (AFM)

Advertisement