Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Code 43 Error

• 16-03-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

I got Vista a few days ago and almost everything is going fine. The one problem I'm having at the moment is with my Graphics Card. It's an ATI Radeon X800 PRO. In the device manager it detects the card but says "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Iv'e tried a bunch of drivers from the ATI website, and check some solutions on different websites but I'm coming up dead everywhere. If ye have any idea's I'd love to hear them.

Specs

Pentium 4 3.0Ghz
    1.5Gbs Ram
    Ati Radeon X800 256mb
    P4800 - VM MotherBoard with onboard ATI 9100

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

I take it from the post that the motherboard has onboard graphics as well as the standalone X800 card installed. If this is the case are both cards active ?

If so turn off the onboard one in the Bios , and reinstall the drivers for the X800 , as Vista is probably having trouble with the two card options if both are active.

Worth a shot anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Drex

Thanks for the suggestion, but there's still no joy. I'm going to try and find an earlier release of the driver to see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There are very few Vista drivers available anything else is not meant for Windows Vista.

stock ATI driver built into OS
    ATI Catalyst 7.1 & 7.2 the current of which is the 7.2 release.

The 7.1 or 7.2 release is really the one to test with.

Also I'm pretty sure you have the P4R800-VM not the P4800VM as that board does not exist.

Given that it is an ATI chipset it may be worth trying out the Vista southbridge driver ATI provide as well.

Finally V1003 is the last official bios released it may be worth installing if not already present, there is also a beta bios 1007.003 dated 2005 that may be worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Drex

Thanks for the suggestions I'll try a few of those out.

Oh, and your right about the motherboard, its P4R800-VM.

Advertisement