Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT router settings?

Options
  • 16-03-2007 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I've just went out and bought a netgear DG834GT, and assumed it'd be simple vci,vci,multiplexing method and online. Unfortuntly, apparently I need a username and password, which has never been provided to me.

I got esat in the days of 256k, when an engineer installation was mandatory. I rang customer support and asked, and the bitch transferred me to tech as her dept. closes at 7pm. Anyway, I've so far been on hold for 90mins for tech, and I cant see me even getting through. I dont recall *ever* having to use a username or password to connect with, even with modem reinstallations. I tried setting it up under vpi 0 vci 35 llc-based, but apparently I need to change the modulation to G-DMT - Cant see this option anywhere on the router.

Anyway, Im starting to go completly ****ing mental waiting on hold, can anyone help me out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

You would have picked your username and password when you signed up to BT.

username@btbb
    password

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The tech support folks won't be able to give you your password but they can reset it for you (as far as I know).

Then it'll be <yourusername>@btbb as PPPoE login username and the new password you can tell them you want to change it to.

That is if you can get through to tech support

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

oh... and I think you need to change your VPI to 8.

Have attached my Linksys settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Oh yeh that too... VPI/VCI 8/35, routed LLC, ATM PVC search "on" and then your @btbb username and password (those are the settings on my modem anyway, Eircom but presumably BT are the same)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Also, here's some good modded firmware for that router: http://dragonslight.altervista.org/ubergt/index.html
    The 1.01.32 based one is allegedly the best. I've been using it for several weeks now and its never crashed (with the official firmware it used to lock up almost daily).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Calebmcd

I set my netgear to pppoa and get faster speeds than pppoe
    speedyyy.jpg
    160266935.png

i got 3.5 once
    118472757.png

pppoe gives me 2.5 if im lucky and 220 up

Advertisement