Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suffocating Orals

Options
  • 16-03-2007 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭

Anyone else feel totally suffocated by the Irish/French/German/whateverotherlanguage orals? At the moment, I crack up trying to speak Irish, and my brain shuts down.

Also I start speaking french words in the practice Irish oral runs, and vice versa. So confuggling. So little time so much to do. Aaargh, damn Irish!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Am kinda like yourself, whenever I think of something to say in Irish, I say it...pity it comes out French:p Ah sure, I'll get over it come the orals. Must start speaking some Irish more now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

You'll be fine about 1 minute into the oral. I was ****ting myself going into mine last year, but I found them fine and both examiners were really nice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I had a french practice oral yesterday...teacher taking the class in fours/fives for an hour after school. Anyway, so I was trying to talk about school.....while there was an Irish quiz being blasted over the intercom. Nothing could be more distracting..

Fine for Irish, French...panicky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭madgal

I'm the opposite. I'm perfect for French (or so I hope!)

and rubbish at Irish. Panicking now lads! And not helping the fact I'm on holidays for 2 weeks at Easter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Its the only thing I can think to study for at the minute . I was taking grinds for french but then I stopped cause I reallycant do one to one session that well. I know I have probably just shot myself in the foot for so many reasons but hopefully I'll be alright . So long as I don't drop below a C. Couldnt care less about irish tbh cause its pass and I'm going UCAS.

• Advertisement
Advertisement