Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One of my dogs urinated in her bed!

Options
  • 16-03-2007 11:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

When putting the dobies to bed in the shed this evening the female dobie urinated on the brand new straw - well only partially - before being hunted out by me. Obviously feeling too cold to go out to do it. (they had been snoozing in the back of my van)

I was pretty enraged as she did it just where the male dobie likes to sleep. Its a first though (don't think it happened before)

I know I should not panic over it but I am pretty cross over it at the same time. I have read that female dogs are prone to pee in their beds but don't want this to become a habit.

I don't know - no matter what I do the female dobie just does not seem to like me at all - in contrast to the male dobie who worships me. Is this a normal thing when you have two dogs from the same litter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

You just answered your own question :D:D:D (with a little creative editing)

the male dobie worships me
    presumtious insert: and you him:D

the female dobie just does not seem to like me at all
    presumptious insert: could it be that you have to be abit more "cross" with her than with the fella?

the female dobie urinated on the brand new straw
    she did it just where the male dobie likes to sleep.

and then there would be the far more logical answer:

You dragged two half asleep dogs through the cold into their shed. The cold contracted a bladder, the owner of said bladder was too tired to cop on and had only enough time not to pee on her side of the bed :D:D

Don't read too much into it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

How old is she, is she spayed there are a lot of reasons why this could of happened, one being what p said but sure it was only an accident, but just keep an eye on her, dribbeling uncontrolled urinating etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

I am sure it was just the cold weather that caused it - anyway all friends again today. These dogs do love to sleep - as I type they are into the 2nd hour of their afternoon nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I never realised just how complex relationships can be with canines. Best of luck with the problem OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Just as an FYI, it's a bad idea to bed your dogs on straw. It can carry a lot of parasites and also alot of dogs have an allergic reaction to the dust.

• Advertisement
Advertisement