Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CWC Day 5 - Ireland V Pakistan, Ind V Bang

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

I don't believe it. I honestly can't believe it. what a day for irish sport.
    Legends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And a big thank you to DMC and all the rest of the guys who have been here all day keeping us up to date and educating us on the mysteries of cricket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Inzi... we knew you well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mikeruurds wrote:
    Inzi... we knew you well.
    oh so true,the pakistan public will be looking for hangings

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah cheers lads to you guys that have been keeping us up to date. When is the next match?

Ìt's such a pleasure to introduce new fans to what, in my humble opinion, is the greatest sport known to man.

The BBC take on it.

county wrote:
    oh so true,the pakistan public will be looking for hangings

So county... what do you think of the Tigers scalping India? Three of their batsmen got 50s.

It was a massacre.

Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

this is like the faroe islands beating italy in football

i am going to find out how much a flight is to the west indies!!!!!!

COME ON YOU BOYS IN GREEN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Ireland's next group match is on against the West Indies, next Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

DMC wrote:
    WE WON!!! YAY!H!!!!!ONE!!!!! 1!!!!! WE BEAT PAKISTAN!!!! OMG LOLZ ROFFLECOPTER!!! \o/ \o/

PERVEZ MUSHARRAF, IMRAN KHAN, BENAZIR BHUTTO! CAN YOUR HEAR ME!? YOU BOYS JUST TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING!!!

:D:):D:):D:):D:)

Hehehe Post of the day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭radiospan

is_that_so wrote:
    The BBC take on it.

"one of the greatest victories in cricket's rich history" - BBC

Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭cgf

Yeah cheers lads to you guys that have been keeping us up to date. When is the next match?

Next Sat I believe - The Windies on their own turf.

Sorry, might be Friday - not too sure what month we are in anymore after this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

my.php?image=irelandwinfr4.jpg

mikeruurds wrote:
    Ìt's such a pleasure to introduce new fans to what, in my humble opinion, is the greatest sport known to man.

I had a flatmate who used to say that and play cricket in the hall at any time of day, with a John Allott commentary. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

is_that_so wrote:
    And a big thank you to DMC and all the rest of the guys who have been here all day keeping us up to date and educating us on the mysteries of cricket.
    I second that,:cool:

Ireland now top of their group :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

i cannot wait to get back to england so i can start work again at the Oval on monday, i was happy enough with the Zimbabwe result but this has just blown that right out of the water. now all we need is for pakistan and the windes to hockey zimbabwe and it will be ten times sweeter

TOny Cozier claiming we're true to Super 8 - might be a bit premature but we should get there.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

mikeruurds wrote:
    Ireland now top of their group :cool:

are we through though?

• Advertisement

mikeruurds wrote:
    So county... what do you think of the Tigers scalping India? Three of their batsmen got 50s.

It was a massacre.

Mike
    i know nothing of the india game,just found out when i logged but wtf.what a crazy crazy day

is_that_so wrote:
    I had a flatmate who used to say that and play cricket in the hall at any time of day, with a John Allott commentary. :D

I'm South African... we used to play in the streets all the time... and in halways and in our dorm rooms in boarding school :D

It's aparently a much bigger shock then Cyprus beating Rep Ireland in Soccer.:D

copacetic wrote:
    are we through though?
    Not quite, but looking good,

mikeruurds wrote:
    I'm South African... we used to play in the streets all the time... and in halways and in our dorm rooms in boarding school :D

He was English public school and would lecture me at length on the beauty of the game. ;)

mikeruurds wrote:
    Don't know yet. If Zim beat Pakistan then it's down to run rate.

Pakistan are out though.

it's weird, sky seem to think we might be..

copacetic wrote:
    are we through though?

Don't know yet. If Zim beat Pakistan then it's down to run rate.

Pakistan are out though.

Is that likely to happen - Zimbabwe to win?

Aye, thought so.... the commentators thought that Ireland are definately through to the Super Eights, Zimbabwe could beat Pakistan too, and add that into the equation....

Now to dust off my Maple Leaf for tomorrow.

Only kiddin - be great to qualify and play the likes of Aus, Eng, NZ and maybe India

• Advertisement

copacetic wrote:
    it's weird, sky seem to think we might be..

Nope. Can't be sure yet. Zim can still get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Steady on kids! Ireland are not yet through, it depends on how badly (or not) Ireland get beaten by Windies and how Zimbabwe fair against Pakistan.

Mike.

is_that_so wrote:
    Is that likely to happen - Zimbabwe to win?

More likely than Ireland on paper.

I knew that Pakistan were there for the taking if Ireland played well. The Pakistani team don't have great morale at the moment and we (South Africa) recently crushed them in a series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

tis is like d best thing eva for irish cricket!!!!!! and on paddys day!!!!!

before the wc, i knew nothing bout cricket but now follow it

timmywex wrote:

Great news!

mikeruurds wrote:
    Nope. Can't be sure yet. Zim can still get through.

yep, seems obvious, but can't understand why the sky guys think we are there!

mikeruurds wrote:
    I knew that Pakistan were there for the taking if Ireland played well. The Pakistani team don't have great morale at the moment and we (South Africa) recently crushed them in a series.

They've not been themselves since Darryl Hair looked at a ball all funny.

copacetic wrote:
    yep, seems obvious, but can't understand why the sky guys think we are there!

Riding the wave of euphoria I suppose.

Wouldn't it be great if England didn't make it to the Super 8's and Ireland did.

Check out the headline: Drunken Freddies 4am sea Rescue!!!!!

Andrew Flintoff went for a pedalo ride pi$$ed as a fart and had to be rescued... not great a day before a big game, especially after losing to NZ!!!!

Sky Sports know more Irish are watching than Zimbies.

Mike.

• Advertisement

I wonder will the irish guys need a sea rescue tonight like Freddie!!!

DMC wrote:
    Ireland's next group match is on against the West Indies, next Friday.

cheers man. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

sllightly selfish brag post here

i had a fairly substantial sum of money on ireland to qualify from their group at 33/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i've also had another 100 quid on ireland to win their group at 250/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so when we beat the windies come friday i'll hopefully be sitting with well over 30k in the bank!!

i would also like to add that i was substantially mocked by all whom i told of these bets ;-)

OMFG!

News of the Screws tomorrow

Freddie Flintoff fell off a pedelo and had to be rescued at 4am! :o

I'd love to know how many are viewing this thread, Bring back "Whos on line"!
    The England management would not confirm the identities of the players, but one unconfirmed report said that Andrew Flintoff had to be pulled out of the sea at 4am after a prank with a pedalo went wrong. Another report named James Anderson, Jon Lewis, Liam Plunkett and Ian Bell as having been seen on a late-night drinking session at a nightclub on St Lucia. It is alleged many of the squad were involved in the breach of discipline.

Still some late night recreational hi-jinks did'nt hurt Liverpool before the Barca game! :p

Mike.

timmywex wrote:

Thats what I hoped for before the tournament started. More people getting interested in the sport. Welcome along :)

• Advertisement

i had a fairly substantial sum of money on ireland to qualify from their group at 33/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i've also had another 100 quid on ireland to win their group at 250/1!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so when we beat the windies come friday i'll hopefully be sitting with well over 30k in the bank!!

i would also like to add that i was substantially mocked by all whom i told of these bets ;-)
    best of luck with that you dog;)

Great news for you mate.

You really think we can beat the windies?

DMC wrote:
    OMFG!

News of the Screws tomorrow

Freddie Flintoff fell off a pedelo and had to be rescued at 4am! :o
    lol:D

You really think we can beat the windies?

They're also known for blowing hot and cold. Ireland could take them, but they are defo on form at the moment and they are playing at home.

Surprisingly this thread hasn't surpassed the thread for day 3 and Ireland's tied game with Zim. Probably due to the fact that I posted less crap in this one :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement