Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CWC Day 5 - Ireland V Pakistan, Ind V Bang

18910111214»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I really doubt the ICC would allow a point a side with no game played. They should play, maybe it'll inspire Pakistan.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

The problem is, if Pakistan don't want to play, something I can understand completely as its a dead rubber to them, it will give Zimbabwe 2 points, and a good chance of beating us to the Super 8's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Then they can't be allowed to NOT play, as the "result" has ramifications for other sides. Anyway if they have any character they would want to play and see BW off with a win.

Maybe thats naive of me.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

If you wanted confirmation of lack of character you just had to watch the match yesterday. Tbh I hope they don't play, I don't think they can afford to lose yet again after the Ireland match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Im in shock and i dont even follow cricket :(

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Guys, let's keep it respectful please. I would appreciate no "jokes" or speculation wrt Woolmers death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I think pakistan are gonna absolutely hammer the sh<i>te out of Zimbabwe, this will only help them further, sad and all as it is to say. They'll want to see Bob off in the best possible way and the only way to do that will be with the total annihilation of the Zimbabweans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭positron

I agree, its going to be brutal, and I bet Zimbs are already worried about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Inzy has announced his retirement from ODI's, but he will play in the Zimbabwe game. So the game is on.

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/286039.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 iemillst

DMC wrote:
    Inzy has announced his retirement from ODI's, but he will play in the Zimbabwe game. So the game is on.

He was going to have to quit after the Zim match anyway, It was obvious even before Bob's death.

I'm unsure what I want from the Pak v. Zim game. On one hand I would like Zim to beat Pakistan to prove Bob's belief that the Associates place in world cricket is justified.

On the other hand, I hope Pakistan rise above Zim to as a testament to his coaching skills.

In reality ul-Huq has controlled that team as player-coach for a long time, ignoring all instructions from the pavilion.

As much as I as I think a draw would, perhaps, be best for everyone involved, I think a Pakistan win is most likely. Good for Ireland, good for Pakistan, good for Bob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

kind words from the aussies but what about Imran Khan,can he not keep quite for longer than 5 mins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5eYZOp1VzQ

just for those`s who didn`t see the dramatic end to the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,579 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Hey all, just back from a weekend in Kerry, thats why I havent been posting. Managed to read the entire thread lol. Watched the game in a pub in Ballybunion (well the final 2 hrs anyway). Fantastic stuff. Really amazing achievement.

Roll on the Super 8's!

RIP Bob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ugh, not sure what ever happened, pretty much every pakistani player caught out ? if they had put 50 extra on the score board, could have been a win, really really dissapointed, the team has changed alot, sami is the only solid bowler to be had, cant believe shohaib was injured.
    Pakistan will need to win zimba if they wanna live in peace, pak fans dont adjust well to such defeats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Just back from a weekend without Internet! Extraordinary weekend in sport. Well done to all on this thread. It was a wierd weekend. Had to ask for the cricket in the boozer in Rosslare and was told that it probably wouldnt be on and then when I came back later there was a small crowd watching the game. I then had to drunkenly explain what D/L was all about and when they went off for bad light people thought I was insane because I wanted to watch the un-commentated shot of the ground with the covers on. Someone wanted to flip to MOTD and I told them there would be a riot if they changed:D .

Then yesterday the shocking news about Bob Woolmer followed by Inzy's announcement. Woolmer was a great coach and Inzy is one of my favourite characters in the game. I was at the Oval game when the ball tampering mess happened.

Sport - incredible.

edit

edit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

giddyup wrote:
    Just back from a weekend without Internet! Extraordinary weekend in sport. Well done to all on this thread. It was a wierd weekend. Had to ask for the cricket in the boozer in Rosslare and was told that it probably wouldnt be on and then when I came back later there was a small crowd watching the game. I then had to drunkenly explain what D/L was all about and when they went off for bad light people thought I was insane because I wanted to watch the un-commentated shot of the ground with the covers on. Someone wanted to flip to MOTD and I told them there would be a riot if they changed:D .

Then yesterday the shocking news about Bob Woolmer followed by Inzy's announcement. Woolmer was a great coach and Inzy is one of my favourite characters in the game. I was at the Oval game when the ball tampering mess happened.

Sport - incredible.

I'm the same. I've spent hours in the past staring at the screen showing the rain pouring down on the covers in the hope that play may commence at some unknown time later in the day.

:D

DMC wrote:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/wc2007/content/current/story/286039.html
    Pakistan selectors step down now
    http://home.skysports.com/cwc/article.aspx?hlid=455580&CPID=491&clid=1214&lid=10527&title=Pakistan+selectors+step+down&channel=cricket_world_cup&

• Advertisement
Advertisement