Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I use perl to unzip a file?

Options
  • 16-03-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭

Hi. Can anyone tell me how I can unzip a file using a perl script? I've found PerlIO and chilkat mentioned on google but neither seem to be installed on the server I'm using.
    Are there any other ways I could use to unzip a file uploaded through a webform?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Try using CPAN to install a personal copy of the of the IO::Compress::Zip module.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

Try using CPAN to install a personal copy of the of the IO::Compress::Zip module.

I typed CPAN in to the server and go this: Could not open >/root/.cpan/.lock: Permission denied
    Does this mean I can't install what I need? I should warn you that *nix is new to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I got it.
    exec('unzip myzipfile');

Advertisement