Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A few of overclocking questions

• 17-03-2007 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭

Trying a bit of overclocking and have managed a o/c of an E6300@2514Ghz 1.213v with the mem at a ratio of 1:1 and bus speed at 359Mhz using GEIL PC2 6400Mhz @ 5.5.5.18 and everything is stable testing with Orthos and my temps in speed fan are 63 degrees on each core.

I had to loosen the timings and raise the voltage by .1 because orthos was failing after about the 6th pass.

ok just a few questions is my temp on the CPU ok?
    can I push the voltage up a bit on the CPU?
    if so how much can I safely do it by?

Specs:
    Mainboard: AW9D
    CPU: 6300
    Mem: Geil PC2-6400
    PSU: OCZ GamerXstream 700w
    HSF: Artic Cooler Pro 7

*edit* Damn its failed the stress test after about 4 hours what can be done to stabilize it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Before you go any further that CPU temp is bit to high. I dont understand how the temps are so high with such a good cooler. You should be hitting 60c max under full load for hours

What i would suggest is that you reseat your hsf and make sur eyou dont have too little or to much artic5 or similar product ( ideally a grain or rice sized )

Also what it your airflow like in youer case? do you have a intake and outtake fan ?

Any chance of a pic inside the case?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Anti wrote:
    What i would suggest is that you reseat your hsf and make sur eyou dont have too little or to much artic5 or similar product ( ideally a grain or rice sized )
    I have reseated the HSF and used artic silver 5 last week but temps didn't go down!! I have seated lots of CPUs and I always give the CPU around the thickness of a sheet of paper of thermal paste.
    Anti wrote:
    Also what it your airflow like in youer case? do you have a intake and outtake fan ?

I will admit that I could do with an outtake fan but i thought I would get away with the HSF that I have. Do I need more?
    Anti wrote:
    Any chance of a pic inside the case?
    I will post some pics tomorrow as I am a bit pissed after the paddy's day celebrations.

Anti thanks for your help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Auvers wrote:
    I always give the CPU around the thickness of a sheet of paper of thermal paste.

I'd consider that a lot. Well...actually...the paper I'm looking at is relatively heavy paper. Anyway, less is more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Khannie wrote:
    I'd consider that a lot. Well...actually...the paper I'm looking at is relatively heavy paper. Anyway, less is more.

Okay that was probably a bad example :o maybe half the thickness of a €20 note.

*edit* I am now running my rig with its side off and temps have dropped a bit with each core running between 57-58c

Do I need outtake and intake fan?

Advertisement