Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Options
  • 17-03-2007 1:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Today i was driving along and a car behind was driving really close, i'm a new driver and still get nervous when someone is driving right up behind me. Anyway i decided to pull in and let them pass, when he had passed and some others too, i pulled out again and went round bend, there was a garda check point and the gards checked all cars and let us move on, the only one they kept there was the one who had been driving real close to me!!! He obviously didnt have tax or something similar!!! I felt so good!!!!!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It goes around, it comes around.

Seriously, the thought of some karmic equilibrium is just about the only thing that keeps me sane during life in general, never mind when I'm driving. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭buildabong

Ireland doesn't seem to have the 2 second (1001, 1002)rule.
    Back when I lived in South Africa if someone was driving up my a$$ I would apply the brakes very lightly so my brake lights would come on. That worked most of the time. Most people don't realize how long it takes for a car to stop including your reaction time aswell!!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Here's karma for you. Yesterday I took the day off and wound my girlfriend up about her having to get up early for work while I just lazed in bed. Then when I sat into the car around lunch time (when I eventually managed to get out of bed) and drove off down to the road, only to have another ignition coil go on the engine. Garage too busy to fix it and now everywhere is closed until Tuesday...

Ain't life a b****! :mad:

Damn crappy german engines...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

buildabong wrote:
    Ireland doesn't seem to have the 2 second (1001, 1002)rule.
    Back when I lived in South Africa if someone was driving up my a$$ I would apply the brakes very lightly so my brake lights would come on. That worked most of the time. Most people don't realize how long it takes for a car to stop including your reaction time aswell!!!!

"Only a fool breaks the 2 second rule" - it takes about 2 seconds to say, so that is how to judge the necessary distance!
    They do teach it over here - if you do an ignition course for hibernian insurance (something that I think should be mandatory for any learner driver)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There are ads for the 2 second rule on telly at the moment, which also include the wet weather 4 second version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Pay attention class:p:p

Shield your eyes from the brown and beige cars.:D

Advertisement