Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the best Instant noodles?

• 17-03-2007 2:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭

I like Spicy curry pot noodle but I'd like too see if there is something better.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

in my experienced opinion(hours spent studying without a chance to go home and only a kettle at hand) koka noodles are best.

Pot noodle is ok, it has soya in it which helps to fill you that extra bit but koka chicken or curry are best for flavout in my opinion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

caffrey wrote:
    in my experienced opinion(hours spent studying without a chance to go home and only a kettle at hand) koka noodles are best.

Pot noodle is ok, it has soya in it which helps to fill you that extra bit but koka chicken or curry are best for flavout in my opinion

Those are the best noodles ever! :D they go with anything and cheaper than super noodles. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

You can get some fabulous noodles at any oriental store. I would even say that they are better than Koka...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

Go to town and into a chinese shop and buy those instant noodles with a half naked little blond kid with sandles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Jonakin wrote:
    Go to town and into a chinese shop and buy those instant noodles with a half naked little blond kid with sandles.
    That is the most disturbing sounding thing I have heard in a while...

I love super noodles for the flavour. There are those microwave noodles you get in cartons like you see in American tv. Yummy. A bit more expensive but for a minute or two of cooking they are so worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

I forgot to mention its a cartoon =p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Koka noodles microwaved are fantastic and cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

koka curry noodles are THE best noodles ever!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

12084011_L.jpg
    Batchelors Super Noodles, Barbeque Beef flavour ftw!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Does anyone know where to get those thicker noodles like you get in the curry dishes at Wagamama?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Koka chicken noodles are great, dirt cheap and very filling :p The only thing I don't like about them is you can't read the nutritional value on the pack cause it's all in Chinese...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,709 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Attol wrote:
    Does anyone know where to get those thicker noodles like you get in the curry dishes at Wagamama?
    You mean ramen, or soba noodles?
    I've seen them in Asian markets -- except only sold like spaghetti (ie, w/out flavourings). I'm sure they're in there, in a nice plastic pot somewhere tho :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

For me the MAMA brand from Thailand are favourites. Don't buy one or two, go for the whole box. In the Asian market by the Jervis Luas stop, facing into the shop they're on the right on the right hand side, on the top shelf on the wall. Go for it, try them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

K.O.Kiki wrote:
    You mean ramen, or soba noodles?
    I've seen them in Asian markets -- except only sold like spaghetti (ie, w/out flavourings). I'm sure they're in there, in a nice plastic pot somewhere tho :D

udon noodles i thought the fatter ones were called

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 replicantface

Tom Yum noodles of any brand. Incredible unique spicy taste.

The absolute best Tom Yum is a packet of chicken Koka or some good asia market noodles (brand with blonde sandal boy are quite stunning) with a very generous tablespoon of Cock brand Tom Yum paste added halfway through cooking. You need a decent amount of water too, should turn out the consistency of a thick soup.

It's the best hangover breakfast on Earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

It's the best hangover breakfast on Earth.

Add chilli flakes for extra anto-hangover-ness!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭mickith

for me it would have to be me goreng. i think thats the spelling
    very cheap and very tasty
    they come in a little white packet but not too sure who makes em :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

Have a go at Kimchi flavour ones; they from Thailand and have a different spicy taste!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

#1 Lucky Me! - Very rare, but the best noodles ever... if you see them anywhere, buy lots of them.
    #2 Koka - mmm nice flavour, noodles are soft and fine
    #3 Mr.Noodles - typical pack-of-noodles, but a fine example there of

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

WUSBDesign wrote:
    Have a go at Kimchi flavour ones; they from Thailand and have a different spicy taste!

Kimchi rocks, but isn't it Korean?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KC81

xzanti wrote:
    Koka chicken noodles are great, dirt cheap and very filling :p The only thing I don't like about them is you can't read the nutritional value on the pack cause it's all in Chinese...
    Yes! why dont they have the nutritional value displayed. I thought all produce distributed in the E.U. had to have list of ingredients PLUS nutritional value. does anyone know the nutritional value. particularly the kcal and salt content?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

As many have said, Koka curry noodles (packet not the pot ones):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

Yes, kimchi is korean, but the company which manufactured this noodles (with this flavour) is Thai.
    regi wrote:
    Kimchi rocks, but isn't it Korean?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Maxthedm

Anyone know where to get lots of ramen noodles for cheap? Preferably plain ones

Advertisement