Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 17-03-2007 3:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

Ok. I got a new card awhile back, a 8800 gts 320mb.
    When i go and play css its fine till i hit nuke or train and after about 10 mins i bsod and get an error nv4_disp or something.
    I have reinstalled my drivers and still no joy
    Someone help
    Cheers ZonE!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

If you haven't already, download the latest from the manufacturers website instead of the CD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yup download latest driver assuming your using XP.

Download & install updated version of Direct-X.

Test again after that if the problem persist what kind of power supply do you have as it may not be giving enough juice to the card ?

Also test the system RAM with Memtest+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

I get that bsod when I've overclocked the card too far.
    Could be overheating... do you have any case fans?
    Might be worth leaving the side off your tower for a few minutes and seeing if you get any longer out of CSS... just to see if temperatures are your problem.
    Record demos of your games as well... see if you can get it to bsod at the same point each time, see if there's some discernable pattern to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

ya i have the side off the case and i downloaded from the site aswell still no the same. I will try the dx now

Advertisement