Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naughty ad on front page

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

I noticed this also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ugh as I suspected, boards has sold out.

Mike.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Eh? Sorry, I'm confused and know nothing about this.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,464 ✭✭✭✭Victor

The ad background was white, with navy Vedana 9 point text to match board.ie nearly exactly. The text simply said "Click me"

I clicked on the page link victor and nothing came up!

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yeah, what's with the denied gratification, Victor? I demand tittilation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

@ DeV, This 'advert' usually appears at the top of the page where the other banner ads appear.

The background colour of the banner is the same blue-grey as the background of the page. It looks like 'Alt' text as if the banner image hasn't actually loaded and instead we get a 'Click Me' link that essentially points to the adserver.

I only ever noticed in on the inedx page but others may have seen it elsewhere?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Dunno about it at all.... perhaps Vexorg can shed some light, he looks after a lot of the ads.

DeV.

Screenshot attached :)

In this case resolving to:

Edited to make it easier on the eye ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Its not there for me.

• Advertisement

No, when I refreshed the page, it was gone and there was a regular ad in its place. I reckon this is just hyperlinked 'Alt' attribute HTML. So either some ads don't have an image or aren't loading correctly.

Edit, as I type, there was another at the top of this thread...so much for it only appearing on the index page :) (see attached). Clicking on it leads to a 404.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,517 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Oh I see it now...and I also get an error when I try and load the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,902 ✭✭✭Vexorg

No Idea what it is - might be a problem with the salesonline adserver - not showing for me, does it resolve for anyone?

Advertisement