Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pink shirts??

• 17-03-2007 9:35am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Since this is the all knowing "manly" forum what the view on blokes wearing pink shirts/t-shirts??
    Im my day the only people that wore pink were girls and fairies(all types)

Now its all this new men stuff-everywhere I go theres blokes wearing pink--have they all lost their sense of real manliness??What is society coming to??

Discuss.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Obviously this post has accidentally landed in this forum. Nobody around here has a pink shirt or even knows anyone who has a pink shirt. Perhaps a confusion has crept into your mind having seen a Brother from a distance and thinking his naked manly torso was swathed in a pink garment.

There are other forums that may help you, the Fag, Hags and Bicycles Forum for instance, I hear they wear pink when going for the brown. We sometimes also let the wimmin talk about stuff in the Handbags & Gladrags Forum but there won't be anyone there now as they should be queueing up outside the off-licences to replenish their men-folk's beer stocks in time for the rugby.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I never mentioned that I knew anyone with a pink shirt-I was merely pointing out that there are some brothers going around dressed like wimmin folk in all floral dress and all that and was wondering what the brothers of this forums view on the subject is.

Are these brothers in pink still to be treated like fellow "brothers" or should they be called "sisters"

Should they be ostracised from society due to them being garbed in pink.

Should they be banned from all manner of "real brothers" issues if theyre caught wearing wimmins clothes??

I think we should be kind to the weak-of-mind who would wear pink but they could never be true Brethren. As for wearing wimmin's clothes, the thought shocked me so badly that I nearly spilled my breakfast before the head had even settled properly on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

PINK SHIRTS???!!?

FOR MEN???!???

Brother Hellrazer, of what is this sorcery you speak of? Have your wench bring you a yard of ale, you are clearly not in control of your senses.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I thought it was the effect of the ale that was causing vision problems.But this morning as I was sober I once again observed this abomination.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

It's just wrong.

Hellrazer wrote:
    I thought it was the effect of the ale that was causing vision problems.But this morning as I was sober I once again observed this abomination.

Where did you observe this ungodly sight?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

To offer the alternate viewpoint brothers, a fine beer belly follower in work often wears the same pink shirt. He tucks it into jeans and gets a good overflow going. I have to say it really shows off the belly and draws many eyes and comments in it's direction.

Wannabes are everywhere Brother copacetic, be on your guard.
    The fact that he can actually tuck in the shirt speaks volumes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Well, I have a wife. She has a pink shirt.

If she is my possession, then her possessions must also be mine.

Therefore, I have a pink shirt.

I may need to have her dispose of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Hellrazer wrote:
    -I was merely pointing out that there are some brothers going around dressed like wimmin folk in all floral dress

You might have chanced a glimpse on the ultimate garment for gut carriers ...the Hawaiian shirt:
    16190.gif
    Nothing ...nothing ...accentuates and compliments a beer gut and overall sloppy attitude like a Hawaiian shirt. At the same time the bright colours and patterns make a a clear statement that the wearer of this garment is indeed proud of their portly figure
    johnny150.jpg

Well, I have a wife. She has a pink shirt.

If she is my possession, then her possessions must also be mine.

Therefore, I have a pink shirt.

I may need to have her dispose of it.

Careful, brother mikedragon32. By that logic, we can encompass wimmin's underware. Dangerous territory.
    peasant wrote:
    You might have chanced a glimpse on the ultimate garment for gut carriers ...the Hawaiian shirt

Excellent, brother peasant, well clarified. Floral pink shirts, in, plain pink out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

tom dunne wrote:
    Careful, brother mikedragon32. By that logic, we can encompass wimmin's underware. Dangerous territory.

But since it's a wimmin whom he has presumably *phwoooaaaaar*ed with, logically, he'd be allowed to own them as a trophy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i too have seen the abomination that is the pink man-shirt wearer. Usually accompanied by a headfull of gel.

Gents i put it to you that the rebellious womenfolk, *whispers* "the feminists" have started brainwashing once proud men. I've seen it happen, they hang around outside late bars and clubs and lure unsuspecting drunken Men with promises of flesh and more drink back at theirs. These men enter the house proud tall collossis and leave pale shadows of themselves, complete with manicures, hairgel and of course the dreaded baby pink shirt.

NO MAN SHOULD EVER BE WEARING A COLOUR WITH "baby" IN ITS TITLE!

Sofaspud wrote:
    But since it's a wimmin whom he has presumably *phwoooaaaaar*ed with, logically, he'd be allowed to own them as a trophy?

True, but any brother here would have amassed a vast quantity of said trophies. If another brother were to walk in and see a wardrobe full of "trophies", well he could draw the wrong conclusions.

Surely, brother Tom, as long as I don't wear my trophies, I am in safe territory.

With all your nagging YOU are on dangerous territroy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I have witnessed this atrocity just a few minutes ago. I had to shield my eyes from

a) The sheer unspeakable horror of "poof fashion"
    b) To stop people seeing the stinging tears of anger welling up in my eyes like beer into an empty pint glass.

DarkJager wrote:
    I have witnessed this atrocity just a few minutes ago. I had to shield my eyes from

a) The sheer unspeakable horror of "poof fashion"
    b) To stop people seeing the stinging tears of anger welling up in my eyes like beer into an empty pint glass.

I wish I could cry beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 finnykid

Absolutely agree with you brother, it is just wrong.
    Cannot comprehend why any man would wear anything pink clothes wise

copacetic wrote:
    I wish I could cry beer.
    Clearly, you're not drinking enough!

• Advertisement

Cry beer??????? I'd prefer Jack Daniels...

Surely, brother Tom, as long as I don't wear my trophies, I am in safe territory.

Indeed you are.
    With all your nagging YOU are on dangerous territroy!

It is quite possible I may have paid to much attention to my wench. I will desist. Though I felt I must warn my brethren on the dangers of misinterpretation of a wardrobe full of wimmins clothes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Below is the only pink item I would consider wearing. :)

25189712_240x240_Front_Color-PinkSalmon.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,306 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

When I asked one pink shirt wearer why he had choosen to wear pink, his answer was to why do I wear black? Odd as it'd seem, I think they see wearing a pink shirt as normal:eek:

This is a very serious offence... What if he's typing his next post while wearing a pink shirt?? Surely blasphemy in this manliest of manly forums!!?? ;)

DarkJager wrote:
    This is a very serious offence... What if he's typing his next post while wearing a pink shirt?? Surely blasphemy in this manliest of manly forums!!?? ;)

yes indeed, surfing the net for pictures of male models in pink shirts, while sporting a pink shirt. Heinous.

However, I am sure brother thrill has a much more reasonable explanation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

They said it was teh Salmon, not pink atall!!

/cries white wine :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

copacetic wrote:
    brother, I'm worried that you appear to have had this images to hand. May I
    ask is there rhyme or reason for this?

The OP'S post left me in a state of shock. That any man
    would wear pink shirts left me with a slim grip on reality.

So to rebut this heinous statement i did some extensive research
    ( about 2 minutes on Google ) only to be further shocked by the
    images that poured forth from my screen.

I was not of sound mind when posting those links as i was still
    reeling from the effects the vile images have had on my sanity.

Forgive me Brothers, for i knew not what i was doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Hagar wrote:
    I think we should be kind to the weak-of-mind who would wear pink but they could never be true Brethren.

So, that's me out then.

Brother Thrill, we did not realise what horror you had witnessed... And to the poster who said "salmon" not pink.....SALMON IS NOT A MANLY COLOUR!!!! (Please note that eating salmon is also NOT manly; unless you are after catching it with your bare hands and are eating it alive!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

A few things should be sorted out here. Salmon is a fish. Peach is a fruit. Pink is a big no-no.

smashey wrote:
    A few things should be sorted out here. Salmon is a fish. Peach is a fruit. Pink is a big no-no.

So what other colours are acceptable??
    Guidelines for acceptable colours needed I think.

Hellrazer wrote:
    So what other colours are acceptable??
    Guidelines for acceptable colours needed I think.

Brother Hellrazer - This thread is heading towards the wimmins area of colour co-ordination (I think that's what they call it). Personally I'll wear any colour & be comfortable in it too.

Wear whatever - no matter what colour - is closest to hand when you get out of bed. (With the exception of exceptionally stained or foul-smelling garments - We have to maintain some standards.)

• Advertisement

And what would happen if lets say...you accidentally wake up and the first item of clothing that you threw on in the dark was a pink shirt?? And then you only realise it when you get to work???? I'd rather sit at my desk naked from the waist up than wear a pink shirt

DarkJager wrote:
    And what would happen if lets say...you accidentally wake up and the first item of clothing that you threw on in the dark was a pink shirt?? And then you only realise it when you get to work???? I'd rather sit at my desk naked from the waist up than wear a pink shirt

where did u wake up that the pink shirt was the nearest thing to hand?

Its an imaginary question....I have never had that horror befall me I can gladly say!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

DarkJager wrote:

If anyone in work looks crossways at you or mentions pink under their breath, just say, "You should see the other guy's shirt".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Hill Billy wrote:
    Personally I'll wear any colour & be comfortable in it too.

I have to agree here especially as I have a pink shirt and lose none of my manliness while wearing it ( the fact that I have a shaved head goatee and around 5 days stubble helps though).

If you have a shirt wear it, the fact that your worried about what clothes you can and can not wear is pushing you into the unholy realm of "metro sexual"

• Advertisement

jsb wrote:
    I have to agree here especially as I have a pink shirt

I really dont think you should have admitted that.It wouldnt happen to be a "Baby" pink shirt now would it :D:D:D

jsb wrote:
    If you have a shirt wear it, the fact that your worried about what clothes you can and can not wear is pushing you into the unholy realm of "metro sexual"

QFT Brother, QFT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Well brothers, I have stumbled across this festering sespit of all things good and manly in my wayward drunken rambling through the good streets of boards and I must admit, this is the type of thought provoking, morality questioning topics I want from my internet. On that I raise my Stein!
    dsc00770eu8.th.jpg

Now I think it's clear from these pages that the only pink shirt that a real man can wear whilst retaining his manhood and general man-ish nature is teh pink shirt adorned with lots of tropical flowers. This must be at least partially open showing off the hairy underlying pasture.

The plain, tucked in pink shirt should be left to wimmin and the french.

sprinkles wrote:
    The plain, tucked in pink shirt should be left to wimmin and the french.

Ahh... The French.
    Misogynist drunkards who get laid a lot.
    We could learn a thing or two from them.

* looks for pink shirt with gallic-shrug shoulder inserts *

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭leaba

Brother Darwin (quality beard brother, clearly didn't care what the split arses thought) probably saw it comming years ago. It's the sexual selection process gone mad.

It's I'm so straight I can wear things that might imply I'm gay. The proponents of the pink shirt will all be wearing chaps and sporting moustaches next year.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I saw a guy in Limerick today, white peaked hat, pink shirt, and lime pants. I would have hit him with my beer guy or blade 1, but a seizure from his revolting clothing allowed him to escape.

I'm still not over it. *shudder*

Thats a truly horrific image right there.... You have my sympathy Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 LeoSeine

If you have a shirt wear it, the fact that your worried about what clothes you can and can not wear is pushing you into the unholy realm of "metro sexual"[/QUOTE]

Personally i think pink shirts or any item of clothing that is deemed pink is just wrong. Wearing pink is the first sign of a metrosexual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I saw a bright pink polo shirt wearing guy today at lunch. There is just something so wrong about it. Also he had it tucked in tight so you could see his enormous ass. :mad:

Its not being worried about what clothes to wear, but no self respecting man who has a pair of balls between his legs would wear a pink shirt. Its commonly worn by guys who want to fit in with the ladies without going through the whole "I'm Gay" routine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement