Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pink shirts??

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I just remembered what he reminded me of. There was a program or a film called Clueless, and there was these two black fellahs in it. One (or both) of them always dressed like a homosexual golfer. It was just like that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Hellrazer wrote:
    Since this is the all knowing "manly" forum what the view on blokes wearing pink shirts/t-shirts??
    Im my day the only people that wore pink were girls and fairies(all types)

Now its all this new men stuff-everywhere I go theres blokes wearing pink--have they all lost their sense of real manliness??What is society coming to??

Discuss.

I had a class Hugo Boss pink shirt a couple of years ago. The ladies loved it. It used to be a real talking point.

GIRL: Wow! I love your shirt. It's really daring.
    ME: (Slurring) Do you want to come back to my place?

Then we would go our separate ways, me cursing my counterproductive directness, and she wondering how someone so drunk could keep his shirt so clean all night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

I think this thread should be locked now. Enough of this pink shirt nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I've got 2 purple shirts........not sure what category that falls under though :confused:

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well first we need to establish whether they are proper purple or whether they're mauve, lilac or one of those other colours that only wimmin know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Zaph seems to be using some words that I don't understand so I have tried a rough translation and I think this is about right
    zaph wrote:
    Well first we need to establish whether they are proper purple or whether they're purple,purple or one of those other purples that only wimmin know.
    Kenny 5 wrote:
    I've got 2 purple shirts........not sure what category that falls under though :confused:

I think that puts you in the category of "having moved back home and not getting a constant shag while yous are waiting to buy a new place" category

Brother JSB, you are the very wise male version of Mystic Meg!!!!

Apologies Brother jsb, I was merely using words that I have heard over the years but do not understand. You are, however, more correct in your assessment of the situation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Listen.The only people who wear pink shirts are girls,wogs,poofters and pantomine dames.These truths are held to be immmutable,and brothers,there shall be NO exceptions!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,799 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Degsy wrote:
    there shall be NO exceptions!

Apart from me & Brother JSB.

Honestly, is that not what we aspire to?

Not wearing pink shirts, but reaching a stage in life where you're content not to conform to the supposed ideals of abs like a washboard & a shock of thick hair. Same goes for everything else. I've reached a stage in life where I could not giving a flying fcuk about what others (see below) think about what I wear & look like in general. "Others" to include everyone who isn't me.

Hmppfffh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pink clothing, much like bras, salads, babies and alcopops are solely the realm of women.

Pink clothing, much like bras, salads, babies and alcopops are solely the realm of women.

And the eating of quiche..lets not forget THAT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

Damn it! There goes my favorite passtime of sitting in on a Sat night in my Bra and pink shirt tucking into a big bowl of leaves getting sloshed on barcardi breezers.... ah well

sprinkles wrote:
    Damn it! There goes my favorite passtime of sitting in on a Sat night in my Bra and pink shirt tucking into a big bowl of leaves getting sloshed on barcardi breezers.... ah well

You could add to that giving your girlfriend a "facial". ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭runswithascript

On another note, don't college girls look incredible in little tight pink tshirts? They usually have blonde hair too. Perhaps this is why pink shirts and men dying their hair blonde is so unmanly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭FeelingTired

Feeling glad i grew out of my pink polo and blonde highlight days,what was I thinking!?Must drink lots of beer, watch football (might watch England game tomorrow instead of poor Irish one), not have a shave for a week and get in a fight in order to restablish my manlyness

Tried that 'Sun In' sh!t everyone was using to bleach their hair when I was about 14 and it never worked out - what's the point? Being dark haired is the shiznit.

zaph wrote:
    Well first we need to establish whether they are proper purple or whether they're mauve, lilac or one of those other colours that only wimmin know.

I thought "mauve" and "lilac" WERE colours that only women knew? Sounds like fag talk to me ;)

I don't even recognise the seven colours of the rainbow. Is it because I'm colour blind? It might be. Or is it because I'm manly enough to know that if it's not red it must be blue?

dusf wrote:
    Tried that 'Sun In' sh!t everyone was using to bleach their hair when I was about 14 and it never worked out - what's the point? Being dark haired is the shiznit.

If I or any of my friends had ever tried "sun in" they would have been the recipients of the most justifiable beating ever administered.I suppose you had a perm and a denim miniskirt to go with it?

rediguana wrote:
    Sounds like fag talk to me ;)
    Take care not to insult our gay brethern.
    They go bald & get beer-bellies too you know.

• Advertisement

They (gays) go bald & get beer-bellies too you know.[/QUOTE]

Well, they don't really, do they? As in, let themselves go?

Anyway, just to clarify, gays are great. It was just a phrase and I didn't intend to offend anyone.

rediguana wrote:
    Anyway, just to clarify, gays are great. It was just a phrase and I didn't intend to offend anyone.

I should have put a smiley in my post so it didn't seem like I was giving a brother a kicking. All is well. ;)

Degsy wrote:
    If I or any of my friends had ever tried "sun in" they would have been the recipients of the most justifiable beating ever administered.I suppose you had a perm and a denim miniskirt to go with it?

Hey I'm all man - just ask your sister or your mother and they'll tell you all about it.

Hill Billy wrote:
    I should have put a smiley in my post so it didn't seem like I was giving a brother a kicking. All is well. ;)

It's okay. I got good vibes from your comment. Use of smiley faces should be kept to a minimum, as jocular witticisms should be capable of standing on their own, as yours eminently was.

rediguana wrote:
    It's okay. I got good vibes from your comment. Use of smiley faces should be kept to a minimum, as jocular witticisms should be capable of standing on their own, as yours eminently was.

Jocular? My my!

dusf wrote:
    Hey I'm all man - just ask your sister or your mother and they'll tell you all about it.
    Keep the "Yore Ma" stuff for AH. ;)
    Respect to all brothers.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hill Billy wrote:
    Respect to all brothers.

And their ma's for bringing tea and biccies..

Hill Billy wrote:
    Respect to all brothers.

Can we get that in the charter too please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭NutJob

As a colour blind man iv alwys had a fear of washing something read with my shirts as id never know.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

Degsy wrote:
    And the eating of quiche..lets not forget THAT!

An oldie but a goldie...

A man is seated in a restaurant where all the waitresses are gorgeous. A particularly voluptuous waitress wearing a very short skirt, and with legs that won't quit, comes to his table.

"What would you like, sir?" she asks.

He looks at the menu and then scans her beautiful frame, top to bottom, and says, "A quickie."

She walks away in disgust.

After regaining her composure, she returns. "What would you like, sir?"

Again the man thoroughly checks her out. "A quickie, please."

Her anger takes over. She slaps him across the face with a resounding "SMACK" and storms away.

At that moment, a man sitting at the next table leans over and says, "Um, I think it's pronounced 'quiche'."

• Advertisement

I bought a pink shirt this evening :o

Kenny 5 wrote:
    Why?

Dunno.......I wanted to see what the big fuss was over I suppose :confused:

I hope you realise that from now on, every time you post in this forum, it will be treated with the disdain it deserves.

It was purely experimental brother, that is all.

So, Brother Kenny, from that we can assume that you have kept the receipt and will be returning the offending garment tomorrow having successfully completed your experiment?

Yes indeed brother Zaph, yes indeed.....:)

Brother Kenny, there is a sure way to redemption in this case. Make a video of yourself burning it and post it here. ;)

But I have no camera brother smashey.

• Advertisement

So eh, Brother Kenny, have you taken it back yet? :D

smashey wrote:
    So eh, Brother Kenny, have you taken it back yet? :D

Am currently in work brother smashey and am hitting the battle cruiser after work to drink myself silly. More battle cruiser tomorrow as well so it'll be sunday when it's returned.

Kenny 5 wrote:

I can dig the whole pink shirt thing - mark of a man that you don't care what other people think of your appearance & all that. But shopping is for wimmins.*

* - Apart from beer & snacks, & then only if you're single & don't have a wimmins to get it for you.

Hill Billy wrote:
    But shopping is for wimmins.*

* - Apart from beer & snacks, & then only if you're single & don't have a wimmins to get it for you.

:eek: I done a load of shopping yesterday evening.......I did however hit TGI friday's afterwards for an Ultimate bacon 'n' cheese washed down by 2 bulmers.........I feel I redeemed myself with that :)

Advertisement