Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do I get the feeling I'm next ? (360 dead)

• 17-03-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭

Lads,
    as title says..
    We all know about the large failure rate attached to the 360 (which I think is under-estimated by the way), but consider this..
    My two brothers and I all bought launch day systems......one after another in-store. First brother has gone through 2 extra systems due to failures with his original, the other brother's machine died yesterday........now I'm concerned mine is next for the chop :eek:
    Question is, more for my brother anyway, what are people's experience dealing with MS when the machine is 15 months old or whatever........do they seek a repair fee or is it a case of fighting your case to get a replacement (or repaired for free) ?
    He's honestly thinking of just selling off the games and accessories he has (wheel etc..), or wait it out for a possible 360 revision rather than buy a new Core..
    Never had an issue with mine, but I doubt I use it as much as people on here ,or my brothers for that matter.. (still waiting for that killer app!)..

Any thoughts lads ??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

He's boned, 140 euro i think to get it repaired

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Vegeta wrote:
    He's boned, 140 euro i think to get it repaired

Ouch !!
    Thats what I thought Vegeta, thanks..
    Just got a mail from him saying that he's hooking the HD-DVD addon upto his HTPC and flogging the wheel and games..
    In one way, I don't blame him, there's no way I'd be handing over that amount to repair a machine (or get a refurb) that'll, on balance, probably develop a flaw again..
    Whenever Halo3 comes out, he'll probably get a cheap machine (if the Cores are still around (probbaly not)), as he's a big Halo fan.....he's probably taking the cover off the busted one right now to have a look at the insides :) (he's like that!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

If you ring up MS and complain long and hard enough they will replace launch day systems I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,636 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

If you ring up MS and complain long and hard enough they will replace launch day systems I think

Well he hasn't ripped it open yet :p
    So he'll be waiting until after weekend to give out to them on the phone and see what can be done..
    He's impulsive though....don't know how long his boot can stay away from the console :D
    Cheers lads..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

my launch day system has failed, and they want me to pay 140 euro!! Is there any way of getting it done for free? I s it a case of giving out to MS for long enough?

Eoin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

My bro bought his console at launch day aswel and it went on him 2 weeks ago so he rang microsoft who collected it for free with DHL i tink it was and fixed it free of charge.
    The repaired one went again so e rang them up again and the same thing hapend, they collected and so on.
    From what i hear if you have a problem the best thing to do is ring Microsoft and ask to speak to management and appaently they send you out a NEW system and often with a game or two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭eoin2nc

doyler442 wrote:
    My bro bought his console at launch day aswel and it went on him 2 weeks ago so he rang microsoft who collected it for free with DHL i tink it was and fixed it free of charge.
    The repaired one went again so e rang them up again and the same thing hapend, they collected and so on.
    From what i hear if you have a problem the best thing to do is ring Microsoft and ask to speak to management and appaently they send you out a NEW system and often with a game or two

Thanks. Ill try that on Monday. In my opinion i think its a disgrace that I should have to pay 140 euro, when its MS fault that it broke. I shall be demanding a new system.

Advertisement