Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Interflora edition

Options
  • 17-03-2007 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭

With the two door Astra being such a "girlie" car, who is going to buy the Astra Sport hatch van? Florists?

invest4deepvalue.com

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I reckon the 3 door car version is an attractive design - certainly not "girlie".

The commercial version looks pretty smart too. That 1.3 diesel is a good unit also.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It is one of the more memorable car/vans out there, and great looking for a diesel van. That and the C4 van are the best looking IMHO.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Do-more wrote:
    With the two door Astra being such a "girlie" car, who is going to buy the Astra Sport hatch van? Florists?

Girly in comparison to what? Its not a bit girly.......... the van will be for reps id imagine????

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I reckon it will appeal to those who really don't have any use for rear seats but still want a bit of style and economy. It looks identical to the passenger version on the outside except for the blanked out rear windows.

It could be the spiritual successor to the early 1990s Fiesta "Flair" van or Renault 19 Supervan.

All Fiesta Flair vans seemed to be red!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

Yeah "pure Girly" Allright!!
    opel-astra-opc-5001.jpg

opel-astra-opc-4998.jpg

opel-astra-opc-4994.jpg

Girls love 240 BHP through the front wheels....in yir face stylin and 0-60 in 6 seconds...cop on will ya!!!

Yes I can see the OPC version being far more popular than the 1.3 van. bit like comparing a 318 with an M3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I reckon the 3 door car version is an attractive design - certainly not "girlie".

Attractive design has nothing got to do with it.

At least 90% of the 3 door Astras I see are driven by women. The only OPC I've seen on the road was being driven by a woman....

All in there 20's at that, the 3 door Astra is definitely "girlie"

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

In fairness it is a bit girlie, one of the girls at work drives one.

One of my girlfriends mates drives one, and he's a bloke. he's also gay though.

• Advertisement

Do-more wrote:

At least 90% of the 3 door Astras I see are driven by women. The only OPC I've seen on the road was being driven by a woman....

Thats the worst argument Ive ever heard for not buying a car.

Get this man a sensible safe golf ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

Do-more wrote:

Apart form the body kit and there is a blue colour you can only get on the OPC version there is'nt a whole lot of difference looks wise either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

girlie car allright, only bloke I know who drives an astra drives it cos he borrowed it off his nan, dosent make em any less mechaniclay sound or anything just a fruity air of girliness aboutem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

They`re girly in the same way Pug 206`s are. They look good though, thats a nice blue and black suits them aswell. Wouldnt buy one though, being a man and all ill stick with old Hondas.

Advertisement